Options

Cisco Comeback program- Take 2nd test free

ciscojay-houstonciscojay-houston Banned Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Cisco has brought their program back! Register for any Cisco exam (except CCIE), and take it. If you fail it, register for the test again, and put in comeback2009 as the promo code. Your 2nd test is now free! There are rules, but you can read them here.

Jan. 20- July 20th
Must take both exams, same number, within this time period.

Cisco Come Back 2009 Promotion

Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I was hoping this was going to happen again. I was about to schedule for my CCENT wishing this would happen.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That is great news. Site bookmarked!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's been covered in the http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/39540-retake-option-back.html?highlight=comeback2009 thread.

The footnote in the email mentions the limitation
    *Both the full price and free Come Back exams must be taken between January 20, 2009, and July 20, 2009. The free retake exam(s) must be the same exam number as the exam(s) failed. NOTE: All exams needed for a certification must be taken to gain back your certification.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ciscojay-houstonciscojay-houston Banned Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Update-

There is also a re-test for free offer for those that wish to try for the CCNA specialization exams. Read below-

Cisco

Cisco “ComeBack2009” and “Specialize” Promotions

Cisco is launching two new promotions that may be of interest to your IT candidates.
    The first, ComeBack2009, reaches out to individuals with lapsed certifications who may be hesitant about renewing their certification.
    • The ComeBack2009 promotion is for anyone who has achieved a Cisco certification in the past, but for whatever reason has let their certification credential lapse. If they take a full-priced exam now and don’t pass it, they can get a second chance in the form of a free retake. This gives those with lapsed certifications a jump start toward earning back their credential. Candidates must complete all exams needed for a certification in order to gain back their certification. Further details can be found at PearsonVUE.com/Cisco/ComeBack2009.
    The second promotion, Specialize, is designed to promote Cisco’s new CCNA specialization certifications, announced last summer.
    • The Specialize promotion encourages those who currently have a Cisco CCNA certification to “specialize” in a Cisco CCNA concentration. Individuals who take a full-priced CCNA concentration exam will be given a free retake exam should they need it. This offer is only valid for 640-460-IIUC CCNA Voice, 640-553 IINS CCNA Security and 640-721 IUWNE CCNA Wireless exams. Further details can be found at PearsonVUE.com/Cisco/Specialize.
    With each of these promotions, both the initial exams and the free retakes must be scheduled and taken between January 20, 2009, and July 20, 2009, and regular retake rules apply. Candidates who are eligible for these promotions were invited to participate in an email blast sent by Cisco and they will receive a reminder midway through the promotion period.
    Pearson VUE Authorized Test Center News - January 2009
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You know I need to take the CCIE written soon. I wonder if that test is outside of this deal?
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Hmm, so my certs haven't lapsed, but I'm going for the CCNP, does this not apply to NP exams for me?
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    ColbyNA wrote: »
    Hmm, so my certs haven't lapsed, but I'm going for the CCNP, does this not apply to NP exams for me?

Nope. You have to have already had the CCNP.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I wonder if the CCIE written counts as a 'Career Certification'? I'm not sure the offer applies to that one. Might be worthwhile me calling to confirm incase I need a written resit. That test is fairly pricey these days.
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    Nope. You have to have already had the CCNP.

Not questioning the validity of your statement but, is this something that you have confirmed? I'm trying to find out if people have actually tried it and if so, if they were able to use it or not.

The reason I'm asking is because I have spoken with Pearson about this 3 times. And 2 out of 3 times that I asked, they said, you can use it even if you are not recertifying. I spoke about it in more detail in my blog.

Someone there also left me a comment saying that it works. I couldn't confirm with him because he didn't leave me a contact email. So I can't substantiate his claim based on what he says.

But I'm hoping that 2 of those people I spoke with at Pearson/Vue are right. A lot of anxious people still want to know...
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Not questioning the validity of your statement but, is this something that you have confirmed? I'm trying to find out if people have actually tried it and if so, if they were able to use it or not.

The reason I'm asking is because I have spoken with Pearson about this 3 times. And 2 out of 3 times that I asked, they said, you can use it even if you are not recertifying. I spoke about it in more detail in my blog.

Someone there also left me a comment saying that it works. I couldn't confirm with him because he didn't leave me a contact email. So I can't substantiate his claim based on what he says.

But I'm hoping that 2 of those people I spoke with at Pearson/Vue are right. A lot of anxious people still want to know...

Well judging by this 'NOTE: All exams needed for a certification must be taken to gain back your certification.'

You have to have an expired certification already.

I rang Pearson Vue and the email they had stated that the promotion was for exams as part of a certification that had 'lapsed'.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    Well judging by this 'NOTE: All exams needed for a certification must be taken to gain back your certification.'

You have to have an expired certification already.

I rang Pearson Vue and the email they had stated that the promotion was for exams as part of a certification that had 'lapsed'.

Yeah, it's that pesky note that sours up everything. I guess deep inside I was wishing that statement to not be true. :D

About the email, Pearson quoted the same email to me but two of them still said that anyone can use it.

I guess we'll find out if that stipulation is really binding when more people try the promotion out for themselves.

Happy studying, all!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So with this promotion being valid between January - June 2009 for people to gain back their certification, that would say to me Cisco (or Vue I should say) believe it takes 6 months to pass the CCNA and all 4 CCNP exams?

Easy if you work at Cisco yeah, but for your every day joe bloggs who is labbing it up themselves through self study I'd say double that, especially if they have let their certification expire. That says 3 years without sitting any professional level exams granted they may have been too busy working on Cisco projects to renew the certification but I think any CCNP qualified engineer that was in that position would be conscious of the fact their certification was going to expire and could pass the QoS or BGP exam if they had the experience.

Common sense would say to me that this must be valid for general test takers, but it wouldn't appear it is the case from the way the offer is worded. I guess we'll find out as more people try it (hopefully very few as we will all pass our exams at the first shot touch wood!)
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Ahhhh Very Excited about this going to schedule another exam here shortly. This will definately help.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    YES!! That's a little refreshing
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im not meaning to dig this up again but does it mean if i take an exam, say my bcmsn, and i fail. Do i get a retake for free? Even if i have not previously held the NP?

Thanks
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    nel wrote: »
    Im not meaning to dig this up again but does it mean if i take an exam, say my bcmsn, and i fail. Do i get a retake for free? Even if i have not previously held the NP?

Thanks

That is the whole unknown about this thing. I guess once someone fails and tries this thing we will know for sure....
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157

Thanks

I don't mind you bringing it up again... I'm kind of wondering the same thing. Honesty, if this does end up being available to everyone, then it will get me back into full study mode again.
  • Options
    I don't mind you bringing it up again... I'm kind of wondering the same thing. Honesty, if this does end up being available to everyone, then it will get me back into full study mode again.

Me too mate! ive been putting off my bcmsn for a while now!!

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice...thanks for the link

gotta get back to study routine now icon_study.gif

Last time it did work even if you did not previously hold a CCNP cert. I've just gotten into networking pretty hardcore this past year and I failed my BSCI. I used the promo code just to see what happened and I got my retake for free
  • Options
    gojericho0 wrote: »
    Nice...thanks for the link

gotta get back to study routine now icon_study.gif

Last time it did work even if you did not previously hold a CCNP cert. I've just gotten into networking pretty hardcore this past year and I failed my BSCI. I used the promo code just to see what happened and I got my retake for free

That is certainly good news!

When you say "last time", do you mean from a previous and different promotion? And what was the promotion called?

Thanks bro! ;)
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    AFAIK, the last Cisco promotion was the SecondChance offer, which ended recently..and was available for Cisco exams as a whole, and had no special wording for "gain your cert back". This program appears different altogether.
  • Options
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    AFAIK, the last Cisco promotion was the SecondChance offer, which ended recently..and was available for Cisco exams as a whole, and had no special wording for "gain your cert back". This program appears different altogether.

Yep, hold up folks about this. I emailed Vue and this was there response:
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail.

This offer is being targeted to two groups—those who were once Cisco certified whose certification has lapsed and those that may be interesting in taking a CCNA Concentration – CCNA Voice, Wireless or Security.

The offer is available from January, 20 – July 20, 2009.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I really wish Vue would sort out there wording of these promotions! Shame as it would be good to have the second chance back in these crappy times!

• Options
    a20847a20847 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cisco has brought their program back! Register for any Cisco exam (except CCIE), and take it. If you fail it, register for the test again, and put in comeback2009 as the promo code. Your 2nd test is now free! There are rules, but you can read them here.

Jan. 20- July 20th
    Must take both exams, same number, within this time period.

Cisco Come Back 2009 Promotion

Enjoy!

{ U mean this cisco RETAKE voucher is not applicable for CCIE ( R&S) written exam or lab exam.. }
  • Options
    a20847a20847 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yep, hold up folks about this. I emailed vue and this was there response:

I really wish vue would sort out there wording of these promotions! Shame as it would be good to have the second chance back in these crappy times!

means is it valid for ccie written exam :) ???????????
  • Options
    JaggedJagged Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    a20847 wrote: »
    means is it valid for ccie written exam :) ???????????

No guarantee but the error message I got on vue.com from a dummy test implies that it will be covered:
    Exam:  Exam 350-001 on Jun 17 at 9:30 AM
                    Reason:  In order to use this discount, the candidate must
                    have failed the 350-001: Routing and Switching written
                    between 20 Jan 2009 and 20 Jul 2009.

Microsoft: MCSE 4, MCSE 2003 +Security, MSCA 2003 Messaging, MCITP:SA -- Cisco: CCNA
    Novell: CNE 3-6, CLA, CLP, CLE -- Nortel: NCDS, NCSS -- CompTIA: Project+, Server+, Linux+, Security+

Courses Completed at WGU:
    EWB2, BBC1, LAE1, WFV1, SSC1, CLC1, WDV1, MGC1, ORC1, INC1, IWC1
    Courses Required BS - IT: NETW:
    LAT1, LUT1, INT1, SST1, LET1, IWT1, BOV1, TWA1, CPW2
    Classes Transferred:
    BAC1, TEV1, TTV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, TSV1, TPV1, TNV1, BRV1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1, AJV1
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Jagged wrote: »
    No guarantee but the error message I got on vue.com from a dummy test implies that it will be covered:
    Exam:  Exam 350-001 on Jun 17 at 9:30 AM
                    Reason:  In order to use this discount, the candidate must
                    have failed the 350-001: Routing and Switching written
                    between 20 Jan 2009 and 20 Jul 2009.

If you're taking any CCIE exam then I'd hope you were good enough by that point to be certain of passing! Even if you just scrape past, what are your chances of passing the lab...
  • Options
    MQuinn6MQuinn6 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Where do I enter the code? I'm confused.
  • Options
    MQuinn6MQuinn6 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MQuinn6 wrote: »
    Where do I enter the code? I'm confused.

Just found it. I failed the BCMSN last Monday (by 13 points!) & I'm planning on retaking it next Monday. It looks like it worked!! I got the confirmation page for my scheduled appointment.