Options

HALs & an update

Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
It's been ahwile since I've spent some time at TE. Work has definately been getting easier. Been working on a lot of projects at work. Installing Firewalls, switches, updating/implementing GPs, installing new servers etc... As well as keeping the end users happy with monitor replacements and the such.

I've convinced my manager to go to WDS instead of ghost, based solely on the licensing aspect it's a better move. I have our Vista images ready to roll and they work like a charm. I've created an XP image, uploaded it to the server. Now, my source computer HAL is acpiapic_mp, my destination computer is also acpiapic_mp. I know this for a fact considering that they are both Optiplex 760s. Alright, same computers, same HAL, WTF>??
Shouldn't have to replace/update the HAL considering it's the SAME damn COMPUTER! Any idea's anyone? I've researched extensively and see no plunders on my part.

I've kinda taken a break recently from my certs. I'll be taking 236 probably at the end of March. I'd also like to squeez in 649 before than as well. Or just take it at the same time, actually, that sounds better now that I type it. After that I'll probably finish up Enterprise Messaging or Enterprise Administrator by the summer depending on whatever. I'll definately make a post giving my experience of the two.

Anyways, almost time to go home.

-TT
A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
CCNA

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Different HALs will be installed based on whether hyper-threading is turned on or not. You may want to check that out.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not only hyperthreading, but other things as well. I was told once that it would not make any effect, but have found BIOS levels can make a motherboard look completely different.
    Have also found that in a model run different chips have been used for onboard audio and networking
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007