Options

2009 Objectives

JJbiggleJJbiggle Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
It is my understanding that the new 2009 test is available already. My question is when will the old exam expire? I have been looking around but have not found a definite answer; any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi,

The Network+ 2007 (launched in 2005) will retire on July 31, 2009. The minimum passing score went from 554 to 720 (on a scale of 100-900) and it now has a total of 100 questions per exam instead of 90.

If you already started preparing for the 'old' version you might as well continue and finish that one and even for those who haven't started yet the old Network+ exam is still a good option. Whether you pass the old or the new the result is the same, i.e. you become Network+ certified for life.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    if you can, I say stick with the 2005 objective exam if you plan to take it any time in the next few months - I think there's only one book released so far for the 2009 objectives, and there are more coming out in March, so there's not exactly a ton of study material out there for the new exam.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    rschecklerrscheckler Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am looking at taking the Network+ exam in the next month so I guess I'll be ok. This is going to be my first IT cert since I just graduated from college in May. With reference to one of the previous comments, did you mean that the passing score was changed for the upcoming 2009 exam or did they change it for the 2005 exam as well?
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    it's changed just for the 2009 exam, the 2005 exam still has a pass score of 554.

Good luck!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    JJbiggleJJbiggle Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information. I needed that information for the organization I work at.

j
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What is the major change? Which one of the two is better to try and take this year? icon_confused.gif: