Options

Passed Today -620

I am so glad that the testing center upgraded their machines. I can actually read the text now as they old CRTs had a refresh rate problem.

Anyway, the exam was fun do to the quantity of sims. On to 291 now for the MCSA!

Comments

• Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Congratulations and best of luck on 291 :)
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! Good luck with the BEAST. Try examsimulators for the 291. Im using it and I find it very good. Their sims are very good, they hold your hand. You can download a demo from their site.
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    kenny831 wrote: »
    Congrats! Good luck with the BEAST. Try examsimulators for the 291. Im using it and I find it very good. Their sims are very good, they hold your hand. You can download a demo from their site.

What is the URL for examsimulators? It seems the .com is a brain **** site. You may want to check CertGuard - Exam Security & Integrity
  • Options
    I am so glad that the testing center upgraded their machines. I can actually read the text now as they old CRTs had a refresh rate problem.

Anyway, the exam was fun do to the quantity of sims. On to 291 now for the MCSA!

Congratulations on the pass.

Did you use the MS Press Book?
  • Options
    stupidboy wrote: »
    What is the URL for examsimulators? It seems the .com is a brain **** site. You may want to check CertGuard - Exam Security & Integrity

I checked on this site before using examisimulators. Johan (the webmaster here) says they are legal. That works for me. see the following linik. Thanks for looking out though.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/70-270-windows-xp-professional/3961-examsimulator-coms-test.html
  • Options
    I checked on this site before using examisimulators. Johan (the webmaster here) says they are legal. That works for me. see the following linik. Thanks for looking out though.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/70-270-windows-xp-professional/3961-examsimulator-coms-test.html

Interesting. I've double checked and they are blocked by the filtering here (see:*******************) and flagged at CertGuard - Exam Security & Integrity as brain ****

However, examsimulator.com seems OK here but is still pending analysis at CertGuard.

Too hard for my small brain, so I advise you to use your own level of caution.
  • Options
    Interesting. I've double checked and they are blocked by the filtering here (see:*******************) and flagged at CertGuard - Exam Security & Integrity as brain ****

However, examsimulator.com seems OK here but is still pending analysis at CertGuard.

Too hard for my small brain, so I advise you to use your own level of caution.

Dang man, I just checked on certguard too, they say its a dumper! Crap!
    Its listed 17 on techexams topsites. I am confused now. I will not use it until hopefully there is some more input from someone else (webmaster maybe?) about this. I feel dirty now!

Free practice exams for Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco and other certifications
    Thanks Stupidboy
  • Options
    Dang man, I just checked on certguard too, they say its a dumper! Crap!
    Its listed 17 on techexams topsites. I am confused now. I will not use it until hopefully there is some more input from someone else (webmaster maybe?) about this. I feel dirty now!

Free practice exams for Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco and other certifications
    Thanks Stupidboy

The plot thickens!

I think clarity on this one is a must. I really hope this is just an administrative mix-up and nothing more (as we know it can hit anyone, BBC NEWS | Technology | 'Human error' hits Google search).

Have you contacted webmaster to flag this up?
  • Options
    The plot thickens!

I think clarity on this one is a must. I really hope this is just an administrative mix-up and nothing more (as we know it can hit anyone, BBC NEWS | Technology | 'Human error' hits Google search).

Have you contacted webmaster to flag this up?

Not yet, probably better to contact the webmaster soon, for everyones sake. I didn't come this far doing honest study'n to start cheating now. I'd rather fail 4 times (I did on CCNA) than ****!
  • Options
    ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    Congratulations on the pass.

Did you use the MS Press Book?

I actually use an online classroom training course provided by skillsoft. I get various material (including labs) to prepare for the exams.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi Guys,

I have to take a closer look. That topic in which I said they were ok is over 4 years old and it's possible they've gone to the dark side by now. The topsites are also more or less older static snapshot. The **** companies make so much money they can easily buy out such sites and use it to sell their own trash.

Please note that our filtering is a 'reactive' process and not 'proactive'. Even though many people started using it to check if a site is clean or not, the filter is meant to prevent links to **** sites from TE. I.o.w. it's to keep our forums clean, not to clean up the internet or play cop/judge/executioner. Just because a site isn't filtered here doesn't mean it's a clean site, it could still be a bad site we haven't had the need yet to add to the filter because nobody mentioned/spammed it here at TE.

We add new and existing sites to the filter almost everyday, if you see a suspicious one (that is, here at TE) please PM me. I will look into the site in question now.

And thanks for the pm,
    Johan
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'll give a slightly longer reply and possibly an action next week. Click the search link for that site at certguard.com again, check the status and you'll understand.

@kenny831, I advice you to keep an eye on that status next week and see what the results are.
  • Options
    webmaster - thanks for getting on this one, the confusion was all to much for me icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote: »
    I'll give a slightly longer reply and possibly an action next week. Click the search link for that site at certguard.com again, check the status and you'll understand.

@kenny831, I advice you to keep an eye on that status next week and see what the results are.

Thanks Johan and Stupidboy. You both have been very helpful.
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    I'll pre-empt the final decision of certguard and confirm that examsimulator(s) website should be classified as a braindump site. The sim on my 70-291 exam was exactly the same as a sim on the examsimulators exam plus a few other questions as well (word for word). Sadly i had no idea so technically my pass is now invalid.
  • Options
    alokin123 wrote: »
    I'll pre-empt the final decision of certguard and confirm that examsimulator(s) website should be classified as a braindump site. The sim on my 70-291 exam was exactly the same as a sim on the examsimulators exam plus a few other questions as well (word for word). Sadly i had no idea so technically my pass is now invalid.

Thanks Alokin123, That is really sad. I only studied that crap for aobut 2 days, good thing Im a slow studier (plus working 40 hours and having a family, it gets hard to find study time). I wish these people would cut this crap out, it's very furstrating.

K831.
  • Options
    MyceliumRunMyceliumRun Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I haven't even taken my first test, but I feel the one brain **** site I have is useful. I've been in study slumps several times now, read some questions and picked up focus on what to study. I'm signed up for next monday on 070-270 but still have several areas I want to test out on my box. Then again, I'm in this to learn the material, not just get the paper.

Oh and for my practice platform I'm using Sun's VirtualBox on a dual core packed with memory. It's awesome. So far I have a couple virtual PC's and one server. Every one is as fast as the laptop I'm typing on right now.

Now I'm off to dig up an ISO ripper and slipstream software. They aren't on the test, but they're skills I need to know. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I haven't even taken my first test, but I feel the one brain **** site I have is useful. I've been in study slumps several times now, read some questions and picked up focus on what to study. I'm signed up for next monday on 070-270 but still have several areas I want to test out on my box. Then again, I'm in this to learn the material, not just get the paper.

Braindump site being useful...?? How ironic :: I'm on this to learn the material and not get the paper. You want to learn and still use a braindump... WTF?? Get your head out of the sand mate and dont devalue our hard-earned certs.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    alokin123 wrote: »

Alokin123,

When I took the 70-270 exam, I used the Preplogic practice exam as a learning tool. I found that about 5 questions were word for word on the practice test and on the actual exam. They only used different user names. Preplogic is considered safe.

Would you say there were a lot more than 5 questions on this test that were duplicated with examsimulators?

Thanx,

Kenny831
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    Alokin123,

When I took the 70-270 exam, I used the Preplogic practice exam as a learning tool. I found that about 5 questions were word for word on the practice test and on the actual exam. They only used different user names. Preplogic is considered safe.

Would you say there were a lot more than 5 questions on this test that were duplicated with examsimulators?

Thanx,

Kenny831

I could only really remember 2 or 3 question from the examsimulators exam being on my 70-291 exam. The sim was exactly the same with no subsitution for company names so that one was pretty obvious. The other one was a subnetting question and when i was doing it on the real exam i i thought to myself "havent i done this before once". I think the other one might have been a DNS or DHCP question but i can't really remember. I guess looking at it that way 3 out of about 40 odd questions isnt too bad but i still feel as if the examsimulators exams are just braindumps. And considering they charged like $97 is a bit much. I cant really comment on their Vista exam but i did the free demo and it looked more like 70-622 questions or XP questions re-hashed so who knows.

Having said all that, i personally abhor sitting down and doing practice tests but i did for 291 because you really have to (i had selftest, examforce and measureup as well). I personally prefer print the exams out, skim thru the questions and look at the explanations and make study notes from the explanations. I find that incredibly helpful. And i'll admit that i used **** in the past to do the same thing, skim thru the exam and make notes from the explanations so technically i am a **** even tho i dont sit there and memorise questions and answers. 99% of my study has been reading notes, pracs and videos and not doing practice questions. Thats why i am starting afresh with Vista and the 2008 exams