Options

CCENT taken

jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
Finally passed the CCENT today after about 600 hours of study, finished with just a few minutes to go. Talk about stressful, about half way through my hands started shaking and I had trouble typing. icon_smile.gif Made it hard to do all those sims that seemed to keep popping up.

It will be nice to move on to some new subjects.

I used Wendell Odom and Chris Bryant's stuff the most, I like the way they present the information, just the facts.

Thanks
Jim

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

The "during exam jitters" usually go away after the first (or second) exam. And the pre-exam jitters go away somewhere between 15-20 exams. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

The "during exam jitters" usually go away after the first (or second) exam. And the pre-exam jitters go away somewhere between 15-20 exams. :D

Thanks Mike, I went in confident so I wasn't too nervous at first. That didn't last long after the first 30 minutes and I just had 10 questions/sims down. I started thinking I am in trouble and my confidence went out the window. I was humble when I left. icon_smile.gif Now that I know how hard they are I'm sure I will have worse pre-exam jitters going forward. That was one tough test, I can't imagine taking the ones you have taken.
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass :) onwards ICND2...

I was so tensed when I passed my exam, and all along I thought I got 804 but after checking my report today I actually got 925 with implementing IP address scheme at 33 % which is weird I thought I had this perfect, since I calculated every subnet/simulation questions there is, I think I was so tensed and psyched after the exam and misreading the message 804 is the passing score :P thinking that was my score.
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    Good job on the pass, this exam had me super tense as well (first cert exam ever) so I know what the feeling is like icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do we get anything for passing CCENT? a plastic card or something?
  • Options
    jbaello wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass :) onwards ICND2...

I was so tensed when I passed my exam, and all along I thought I got 804 but after checking my report today I actually got 925 with implementing IP address scheme at 33 % which is weird I thought I had this perfect, since I calculated every subnet/simulation questions there is, I think I was so tensed and psyched after the exam and misreading the message 804 is the passing score :P thinking that was my score.

I know exactly how you feel, I thought I had subnetting down cold and that was the one I did the worst on. I think it was just from the stress and the clock running. I messed up on subnetting and Wan technology. It's all kind of a blur so I have no idea what I could have done wrong. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    JavonR wrote: »
    Good job on the pass, this exam had me super tense as well (first cert exam ever) so I know what the feeling is like icon_lol.gif

This is my first Cert also other than my FCC license in 1978. icon_smile.gif So I didn't know what to expect either. It was pretty stressful though.
    Thanks
  • Options
    jbaello wrote: »
    Do we get anything for passing CCENT? a plastic card or something?

Yes, I think we are suppose to get both a card and Certification.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    jmc012 wrote: »
    Yes, I think we are suppose to get both a card and Certification.

Yes, you get a card and cert for CCENT.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Well done! icon_thumright.gif

I need to get off my duff and schedule a test. Darn all this work! LOL
  • Options
    Well done! icon_thumright.gif

I need to get off my duff and schedule a test. Darn all this work! LOL

Thanks guys. Just schedule it and go for it! I don't know why I got so stressed, all it would have cost me is a little money if I didn't make it. At least that's what I'm going to tell myself for the next test, maybe that will help my nerves. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    Miikey87Miikey87 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Subnetting always bites hard. I thought I had it down pact as well for my exam i came out with 70-something for that part when I did it. Mind u i did remember trying to put in a interface address and getting bad subnet mask ;) mayb it wasn't that good after all
    :study: - Never stop learning

Completed
    Microsoft: 70-640,70-642, 70-646, 70-652, 70-653, 70-662, 70 - 681, 71-169
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
    Citrix - CCA XenApp 6