220-601 :Passed:

RiskblingRiskbling Posts: 36Member ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the essentials today with a score of 893/900, almost a perfect score. I plan to take the 220-602 (Technician) on the 17th, but pretty much I consider my self certified, since rumor has it Technician is easier. icon_cheers.gif

As far as study materials, I read the Sybex Complete book and took as many practice test as I could get my hands on. I also have had a lot of experience, so that surely contributed.

Things to know:
- ntbooddy.sys
- DHCP, APIPA
- MSDS
- Upgrade paths (Win2k - XP, etc)
- Customer Service
- Chkdsk, Defrag
- System Restore, ASR, ERD
- Printers (Nothing in depth)

This is also my introduction as well since I could not find a section for that lol.

Comments

  • Darian929Darian929 Posts: 197Member
    Hey Riskbling Congrats man nice score. Im taking mines tomorrow at 12, ive taken some practice exams also, I mean these exams are pretty hard but hopefully im ready. All you've mentioned im pretty good at it exept never heard of that ntboddy lol so ill look it up. well Ill let you guys know how it went tomorrow.
  • RiskblingRiskbling Posts: 36Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darian929 wrote: »
    Hey Riskbling Congrats man nice score. Im taking mines tomorrow at 12, ive taken some practice exams also, I mean these exams are pretty hard but hopefully im ready. All you've mentioned im pretty good at it exept never heard of that ntboddy lol so ill look it up. well Ill let you guys know how it went tomorrow.


    I wish you the best of luck! Thanks for the pat on the back NTboody.sys is use fo SCSI drivers.
  • Darian929Darian929 Posts: 197Member
    Hello peeps I just came back from the test, passed the 601 and planning on taking the 602 now soon, my question is, is the 602 basically same as 601 or should i further study for the 602?
  • skrpuneskrpune Posts: 1,409Member
    congrats on the passes!

    As for 602 vs Essentials...it's covering the same topics (there really isn't much difference between the objectives for the two exams), but it seems like it's with a more customer service & troubleshooting slant.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

    Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • REID8968REID8968 Posts: 98Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    skrpune wrote: »
    congrats on the passes!

    As for 602 vs Essentials...it's covering the same topics (there really isn't much difference between the objectives for the two exams), but it seems like it's with a more customer service & troubleshooting slant.
    Don't be over-confident about 602. I passed 601 first try, got a 725. I went into 602 with a lot of confidence and did NOT pass it! I studied more, and re-took it. Passed 602 with an 850. There's just so many variables. You never know what you're gonna see on a test. Definately, study. I didn't think it was as similar, or as easy, as others have felt. Everybody's different AND everybody's test is different. Good luck!
  • RiskblingRiskbling Posts: 36Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    REID8968 wrote: »
    Don't be over-confident about 602. I passed 601 first try, got a 725. I went into 602 with a lot of confidence and did NOT pass it! I studied more, and re-took it. Passed 602 with an 850. There's just so many variables. You never know what you're gonna see on a test. Definately, study. I didn't think it was as similar, or as easy, as others have felt. Everybody's different AND everybody's test is different. Good luck!

    I'll keep that in mind. Everyone is different, but I do hear that the 602 is easier from most people. I guess it may be the luck of the draw. Thanks for the input.
  • RiskblingRiskbling Posts: 36Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just passed 220-602 with 847. A lot of customer service questions that could of went either way. Personally, I thought the 220-602 questions required a more in depth examination before you were able to answer the questions, but was a lot more soft skills than technical skill.

    Officially A+ certified, and perhaps I'll move onto this addiction with the Network+ certification. icon_cheers.gif
  • Studdley22Studdley22 Posts: 1Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Riskbling wrote: »
    Just passed 220-602 with 847. A lot of customer service questions that could of went either way. Personally, I thought the 220-602 questions required a more in depth examination before you were able to answer the questions, but was a lot more soft skills than technical skill.

    Officially A+ certified, and perhaps I'll move onto this addiction with the Network+ certification. icon_cheers.gif

    Congrats, I was wondering If you could show me any links to websites that offer free pratice exams Im takin the 602 soon as i already passed the 601, iv tried the network+ 2 times and failed lol its tuff so good luck to ya.
  • RiskblingRiskbling Posts: 36Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Studdley22 wrote: »
    Congrats, I was wondering If you could show me any links to websites that offer free pratice exams Im takin the 602 soon as i already passed the 601, iv tried the network+ 2 times and failed lol its tuff so good luck to ya.

    I actually went to a vocational school in high school, that helped a little. Other than that I just read Sybex All in One and googled practice test.
  • cuzuicuzui Posts: 3Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to take the 220-601 test but don't know where to take it.
  • PorkalustPorkalust Posts: 24Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    I too think the 602 was easier than the 601 but that it no reason to take it lightly...
    Hint: know your IP address Class
  • LefanduchLefanduch Posts: 39Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Riskbling wrote: »
    Passed the essentials today with a score of 893/900, almost a perfect score.

    Tabarnak! LOL

    Nice score! Can't really do better! icon_wink.gif
  • TravR1TravR1 Posts: 332Member
    You will like studying network+, I found it a lot more fun than A+. Security+ I enjoyed the most so far.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
Sign In or Register to comment.