Options

getting started

camwinnncamwinnn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
so i finished getting my GED and am after a career in computers, i know that the comptia A+ has everything ill need but where do i learn? ive been looking into those boot camp classes but i dont know if im to unskilled to just go and take them, do they start at the basics or what? im not like super nub-zilla when it comes to computers i fix mine and all the people i know just worried.

could someone that has taken the test and followed in the field tell me how things work out? im worried im going to spend 3k on taking the classes/test and fail :/

Comments

• Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    I don't want to knock the A+ but it's not as difficult as you think it is. If I were you I'd just go to Amazon.com and type in "A+ Certification Book" and read the reviews on a few books and see which ones people like the best and buy 1 or 2 books. After you read through them you can find some legitimate study questions from websites such as transcender.com.

All in all you will spend < $200 on study material and won't even need a class. After you've read through the books and feel confident taking the practice exams schedule your real exam and you'll pass no problem.
  • Options
    camwinnncamwinnn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you very much, ive taken practice tests before and passed some but just wasnt sure if it was that easy and needed to hear it from someone who has. the book idea beats taking out a student loan :P i will be picking a couple up today.

oh and another question would be there isnt any age limits on taking it are there? i havnt seen anything to lead me to believe this but being 17 you kinda expect that stuff :P
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nope no age limits, there are 8 yr olds out there passing cert tests. So have at it, and good luck!