Just passed 70-620!

msethkmsethk Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just got back from passing my Microsoft 70-620 with a 914. Thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth about the exam. This was my first Microsoft exam and I thought the exam was pretty straight forward, but I wasn't impressed with the simulations. I had about 10, I dunno they just seemed cheesy to me and the OS is so watered down it's almost not even worth having them, but that's just my opinion. icon_wink.gif

Anyways, I used MSPRESS and the trial of TestOut to study. I heard the sims from TestOut were a big help, but to be honest on my particular test they didn't really help that much. I would say just stick with MSPRESS and that should be all you need with a little hands on experience. Guess I'm on to the 70-290 now!

Comments

• skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats and good luck with the 290!

Just a teeny word of advice - the 620 exam is arguably one of the easiest MS exams, so don't be expecting the 290 to be a piece of cake as well. I honestly find it a little funny (not funny "haha" but funny as in "huh?!") that you can use 270 or 620 as your OS exam for MCSA/MCSE - there really is no comparison between the two exams & the depth/breadth of the knowledge needed to pass the respective exams.

620 was my first MS exam too, and I look at it as my somewhat easy intro into the way MS exams work. I'm really expecting the 290 exams to be on a whole other level of difficulty & complexity.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • msethkmsethk Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know what you mean, but I'll take an easy exam any day! I'll take the advice and put even more study time into the 70-290. Thanks and good luck when you take yours! :)
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Congratulations.

I'm not sure how everyone has managed to read all this Vista stuff, I just keep falling a sleep, ssssooooooooo boring. I am playing with the OS more than reading as I can't focus on the words long enough to take it all it. I've never had this issue before, but I just can't get into this one. Perhaps I need take a crack at the exam and fail to give me the kick is the butt required icon_lol.gif
  • KnopperKnopper Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed today with the same score - 914. Compared to 294, this was an easy one. I'd say that it was even fun answering to the questions. :) I used the training kit from Ian McLean and Orin Thomas for preparation but most of the experience with Vista I had was from practice.
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Knopper wrote: »
    I passed today with the same score - 914. Compared to 294, this was an easy one. I'd say that it was even fun answering to the questions. :) I used the training kit from Ian McLean and Orin Thomas for preparation but most of the experience with Vista I had was from practice.

That's excellent news, congratulations.

I hear that the practise labs in the training kit are they way to crack this exam.

Do you have anything lined up next?
  • Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just passed this exam today, be warned, this is a total piece of cake compared to any mcse exam. Its not even a patch on the XP exam. The questions are just so straight forward.
    Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!