Options

ICND2 Scheduled for March 1st

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
I need to find out what resources should I look to add in my arsenals, how's transcenders for ICND2? does anyone used it and had a good experience with it?

Comments

• Options
    Exam Number: 640-816 ICND2
    Associated Certifications: CCNA
    Duration: 75 minutes (45-55 questions)
    Available Languages: English, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, Korean, French
    Click Here to Register: Pearson VUE
    Exam Policies: Read current policies and requirements
    Exam Tutorial: Review type of exam questions

It looks like the wheel of steel just got harder with ICND2 :P yay... thanks goodness for 2nd chance...
  • Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    jbaello wrote: »
    Exam Number: 640-816 ICND2
    Associated Certifications: CCNA
    Duration: 75 minutes (45-55 questions)
    Available Languages: English, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, Korean, French
    Click Here to Register: Pearson VUE
    Exam Policies: Read current policies and requirements
    Exam Tutorial: Review type of exam questions

It looks like the wheel of steel just got harder with ICND2 :P yay... thanks goodness for 2nd chance...

I didn't realize it was just 75 minutes, that's going to be tough. I'm going to give it a few month before I attempt that one.
  • Options
    jmc012 wrote: »
    I didn't realize it was just 75 minutes, that's going to be tough. I'm going to give it a few month before I attempt that one.

The subnetting and simulation is a time killer, I am not sure what will be covered on ICND2 but I'll read more to it, it's almost like either you know it or you fail kind of encounter. I'm going to be performing lab everyday from now until my exam comes. I can foresee myself rescheduling another week, but my process has been to push myself to study more each day.
  • Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    jbaello wrote: »
    The subnetting and simulation is a time killer, I am not sure what will be covered on ICND2 but I'll read more to it, it's almost like either you know it or you fail kind of encounter. I'm going to be performing lab everyday from now until my exam comes. I can foresee myself rescheduling another week, but my process has been to push myself to study more each day.

That's what Chris says to do, schedule it and it will force you to work harder to meet your goal. It does work, I just don't think I can take another stressful cisco test for a few months. icon_smile.gif Good luck though, so we would qualify for the free re-take? I might try it in that case.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
  • Options
    Miikey87Miikey87 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just sat the ICND2 exam and fell short by just for it. Mind you, I only spent a few weeks studying ICND2 and wanted to use my free retake to guage my current skill level for the cert and what areas I needed to improve in. I finnish with about 5 - 10 minutes the spare, its the sims that really kill you. The standard response questions you can breeze through.
    :study: - Never stop learning

Completed
    Microsoft: 70-640,70-642, 70-646, 70-652, 70-653, 70-662, 70 - 681, 71-169
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
    Citrix - CCA XenApp 6
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jmc012 wrote: »

If you can do your subnetting withing around 15 secs and have had plenty of hands on then the time is more than enough. i finished with around 25-30 mins to spare.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    nel wrote: »
    If you can do your subnetting withing around 15 secs and have had plenty of hands on then the time is more than enough. i finished with around 25-30 mins to spare.

On a regular subnetting I think it's possible, but a valid range specially when presented to use the 1st usable ip address on the 14th subnet, then this takes a little time, but whatever the case maybe I'll go bust my ass studying, I'm just so glad I popped my very 1st cisco exam.