Options

Is 70-620 Easy

Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
From what i can see everyone seems to say how easy it is. When i did 70-270 XP, i found that tricky as it covered so much not used in "everyday life". Whereas using the ms measure up as usual., its almosts ridiculous in how easy they questions are. Is the measure up, well of from what i am gonna be faced with. Not long finished MCSE 2003 and straight on with the MCITP:EA upgrade. This exam is core. But seems such a step down from MCSE difficulty!
Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Compared to the 270, and to most other MS exams probably, the 620 is probably easy. It doesn't cover any domain environment type topics or advanced unattended installs (you just basically have to know that they're possible but not really how to do them). But the 620 exam does cover things that the average user doesn't do regularly either - all the parental control settings, advanced firewall features, etc. It's not going to twist your brain into a knot to study for this one, but I would advise doing preparation/practice with the MS Press book - if you read through it & do all the exercises, it's certainly enough to adequately prepare for this exam.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Ive read ms press book! Such a bore! Do i really care about aero and parental controls etc!!! :). I have done some work on the test out software too. Hard to stay concentrated on something so boring. Exam is booked for Weds too forgot to mention.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Yeah, I don't think any MS Press book is exactly an enthralling read, but most of them are a pretty good prep for the exam. Most people don't really care about parental controls or the ins & outs of aero, but they are part of the exam objectives...so even if they aren't your cup of tea, you will need to know about them, and if you get a few questions on each, then you'll be happy to did that reviewing even if they don't interest you too much.

If you've gone through the exercises/labs in the MS Press book and played around with Vista to practice a bit, then you should be fine. Good luck!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Graham_84 wrote: »
    Hard to stay concentrated on something so boring.

I am with you there :D
    Exam is booked for Weds too forgot to mention.

Let us know how you get on, good luck.
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    If you've actually used Vista then the exam is pretty straightforward. The only bit I had any issues with was about the built-in applications - I've never had any cause to use the built-in mail client, calendar or meeting space. So these are worth having a quite polish up.
  • Options
    msethkmsethk Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you read the MSPRESS book then you will pass the exam with flying colors. As someone said about the hardiest part is just configuring those applications or settings that you don't use on a "daily basis." I wouldn't call it so "easy" that you can just wing it and not study for it. It's not that easy. But if you read the MSPRESS book then that should be enough to pass the exam. Make sure you study your UAC and know how to configure all the applications that come with Vista.
  • Options
    wissyhwissyh Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been reading 620 MS Press book for a while now and I must say that this book is just boring. I mean all those parental control and aero things, like someone would use them in corporate environment.

Anyway I think its easy reading and should be easy to pass but it makes me wonder why this one is part of mcsa/mcse certification.
  • Options
    Ok, well its test day tomorrow! If i fail this, its gonna be so embarrassing! I have studied for a week, used mspress, to about chapter 6 then got board and used testout videos. For an MCSE person this exam is just crazy. I even know how to setup an xbox as a media centre extender. Yes this will be important when im looking root CA compromises or ad replication faliure, or any other enterprise kind of issue.
  • Options
    I even know how to setup an xbox as a media centre extender. Yes this will be important when im looking root CA compromises or ad replication faliure, or any other enterprise kind of issue.

Seconded icon_lol.gif I am struggling like never before, this is all so dull and a lot of this seems pointless.

I am having to work twice as hard just to try and take some information in.

Think I'll give the exam a crack next week as I have finally had confirmation that my Hyper-V book will be with me tomorrow or Thursday icon_cheers.gif and then I can do something worth while icon_wink.gif

Good luck for tomorrow and let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    I can now answer my own question. This exam is a doddle. Some of the questions where that easy i felt insulted. Not sure why its a core requirement to upgrade to MCITP:EA unless Microsoft just want another 88quid. Now i have 2 exams to go. 70-649 / 70-647

I have a feeling these will be fairly hard.

Also i scored 938, i had 64 questions, 14 sims. Soooooo many sims!
  • Options
    I can now answer my own question. This exam is a doddle. Some of the questions where that easy i felt insulted. Not sure why its a core requirement to upgrade to MCITP:EA unless Microsoft just want another 88quid. Now i have 2 exams to go. 70-649 / 70-647

Congratulations, and great score too icon_cheers.gif

You have filled me with confidence that this Vista study will come to an end soon. I now need to boot this one out of the park .... my Hyper-V book is here WOHOO
  • Options

Congrats on pass!

I booked this one for upcoming week. I am having a bit of motivation problems with this one but hopefully I can get over them and get my studying going on for this weekend. I did one practice exam with MeasureUp and it was so easy I got one question wrong on whole thing.

It's getting a bit frustrating with all those useless features but at least they are really really easy to get.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ive read ms press book! Such a bore! Do i really care about aero and parental controls etc!!! :). I have done some work on the test out software too. Hard to stay concentrated on something so boring. Exam is booked for Weds too forgot to mention.

yeah, i've been tryin to study for the 621...and reading that 620 is hella boring. i've been stuck on chapter 5 for the past 3 months...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    wissyh wrote: »
    Congrats on pass!

I booked this one for upcoming week. I am having a bit of motivation problems with this one but hopefully I can get over them and get my studying going on for this weekend. I did one practice exam with MeasureUp and it was so easy I got one question wrong on whole thing.

It's getting a bit frustrating with all those useless features but at least they are really really easy to get.

And passed with 935. It was as easy as I thought :)
  • Options
    wissyh wrote: »
    And passed with 935. It was as easy as I thought :)

Congratulations, that's nice high score too icon_thumright.gif

Finally made time for this one and booked it.

I've managed to "force" this in on Monday (23rd), I did not think this project (at work) I am working on would disrupt my life so much. I hope it is easy, as I don't think I can sit there for the whole 4 hours allotted, I've got too much else to do on Monday icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Another vote for yes, Vista is easy. I passed today with a 935 today :D

At last I can read my Hyper-V book icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, guys! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    DustykDustyk Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Another vote for yes, Vista is easy. I passed today with a 935 today :D

At last I can read my Hyper-V book icon_cheers.gif

Which Hyper-V book did you get? All the ones I have been eying will not be out until April. Oh Yeah. Vista Exam Sched for next week. I hate tests so Im abit nervous.
    Dusty
  • Options
    Dustyk wrote: »
    Which Hyper-V book did you get? All the ones I have been eying will not be out until April.

OK, I was sure I replied already.

Anyway, I bought Hyper-V Unleashed and it seems OK so far.
    Dustyk wrote: »
    Oh Yeah. Vista Exam Sched for next week. I hate tests so Im abit nervous.

Good Luck on 70-620, as long as you have some hands on it should be OK. Are you using the MS Press book?
  • Options
    mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    It's the easiest exam ive ever taken without trying to sound like a tw*t icon_smile.gif

I got 978 without no revision but then I do have a lot of experience with XP Pro and Vista itself in which there is a lot of overlay. The key as per other guys posts, it noting the new technologies. 99% of the time the correct answers stand out as MS are trying to test you on the new stuff.
  • Options
    FTSLIDEFTSLIDE Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Greetings one and all,
    This site was of enormous help when preparing for 70-620
    I took the exam today and passed it - 892 out of 1000 icon_cheers.gif There are lots of simluations in there, about 15 to 20 !

next is 70-290 !

Cheers and thanks to all who contributed those 5 minute study tips, legends ! :)

right im off for a beer