Anyone use SkillSoft courseware?

bigdawg986bigdawg986 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
My local college offers the Win XP course online and I thought about trying it out because my employer would pay 2/3 of the cost and I thought it might force me to study. I found out that the college uses the SkillSoft modules for these courses. Can anyone testify to the quality of the SkillSoft training?

Comments

• ZbacoZbaco Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm working my way towards the certification for this course, and am using the Skillsoft courses in conjunction with the Sybex study guide. They are decent for getting some basic knowledge and practicing your test-taking skills, but I would recommend you get an additional reference source to back up the Skillsoft courses. Hope this helps.
  • Miikey87Miikey87 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes as part of my cert pack I have skill soft access.

Its good that all of the information is together in one place but as Zbaco says you really need additional references to cover all of the information. I find the web and the desktop skill soft slow and clunky to use. Also it does not like to use any browser other than ie5 when I use it.

There support is top notch though.
    :study: - Never stop learning

Completed
    Microsoft: 70-640,70-642, 70-646, 70-652, 70-653, 70-662, 70 - 681, 71-169
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
    Citrix - CCA XenApp 6
  • JdruinJdruin Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I actually like the SkillSoft stuff. I have spent years in IT though. It was a great refresher for me before I sat the test.
    MCSE 2K3
    CCENT
    Currently Studying: ICND 2