Options

.img to iso

ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
how do you convert .img to iso? I'm using nero but can't seem to find the feature to perform a conversion. thanks.
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is this .img just a disc image? If so, have you tried just changing the file extension?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    blargoe wrote: »
    Is this .img just a disc image? If so, have you tried just changing the file extension?

yeah just an image. I've downloaded windows server 2003 evaluation version and it's using .img extension.Sorted out, alcohol does the trick :) .

Thanks for the reply anyway.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Can Alcohol actually burn physical CD/DVD discs without Roxio or Nero installed? Or can it only write images to virtual DVD drives?
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Can Alcohol actually burn physical CD/DVD discs without Roxio or Nero installed? Or can it only write images to virtual DVD drives?

It can burn directly to physical discs but there's no feature to save as .iso file. It worked flawlessly...no need install another burning tool.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    It can burn directly to physical discs but there's no feature to save as .iso file.
    I can already write/burn ISO files using CDBurnerXP, but Alcohol 120% looks like a really cool thing to use with a NAS or Windows Home Server.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I love Alcohol! And Alcohol 120% is great too! Seriously though, I think it's definitely worth the money. You can get by with CDBurnerXP and Daemon Tools (both of which I use on a lot of other machines), but Alcohol 120% has some great features.