Options

Anyone a 'Programmer'?

2»

Comments

• Options
    oo_snoopyoo_snoopy Member Posts: 124
    I've come to the conclusion that I do more programming as a Network Engineer than as a programmer :p.

I don't have any advice for OP, but if you want to be worth anything in IT, you had better know how to code. Doesn't matter what you know, a smart person can pick up anything as needed, but learn the basics.

I learned COBOL in highschool (and I'm 23 heh) But it got me started. I know now Perl, SQL, and I'm learning python.
    I used to run the internet.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jryantech wrote: »
    But as I said I would like some links, news stories about programming be outsourced. So I can understand what the people in India are actually doing. You can say "Programming is outsourced" that is great. But I would like to know what parts are being outsourced in the job role.

Your video card can't handle the links, you'll need an upgrade. 2GB minimum.
  • Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    I hope your attitude isn't included in your package you'll be using to ensure employers resist the urge to outsource your position. I can guarantee, if it is, you'll be gone. I'm not going to argue with you...I was merely offering a POV. You have a horrible attitude and it's shown numerous times on these boards. I'll just stop responding to your threads. I'm at least glad you stopped posting your homework questions for us to answer.

Unlike you, I take the 'adult' approach to things and just ignore people who try to be funny smart asses on the internet. I block them, so now you and msteinhilber are on my Ignore List. If you need a tutorial on how to go about adding me or anyone else to your Ignore List ask msteinhilber.

Take this for example (We will use third party):

Guy A walked up to a group of guys B, C and D and asked "What time is it?"
    Guy B says "Time for you to get a watch! HAHAHA" and doesn't tell Guy A the time.
    Guy C says "The time is 3:30pm"
    Guy D says "The time is 3:30pm, I got this information by using my watch"

Now who is off-topic and being rude (in his view, funny)?

That's what I thought...

Another thanks to all you guys helping me out with what I originally posted.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    While that is a fantastic display of irony, I'd like to remind everyone that we're here to discuss IT topics, not other members.
This discussion has been closed.