Options

CCNP Easy Exam Prep.

lmxlmx Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
i have my CCNA i need to know what is the most easy exam for study on CCNP. if possible dont have Simulator.

Thank you for you help.

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lmx wrote: »
    i have my CCNA i need to know what is the most easy exam for study on CCNP. if possible dont have Simulator.

Thank you for you help.

Have you read the blueprint for each exam yet???

Although i have yet to take a pro level exam i very much doubt any of them are "easy". Check the blueprint and see which correlates to the stuff you work with then start with those, i say.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    if you don't have a simulator do you have real equipment??
  • Options
    tomsettomset Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□

Thank you for you help.

Each exam requires some amount of lab or emulator time. I would go for your BSCI exam and use GNS3 as your emulator. Don't go into the CCNP without equipment or GNS3. I suppose you could memorize the whole book without touching any equipment but I would strongly recommend against that.
    Next up:
    CCIP
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Buy a couple of cheap routers for the BSCI. You can get a pair of 2600's for like $100 and that's all you really need for 99% of the exam. For what it's worth I didn't have a L3 switch for the BCMSN and I got through okay. There isn't an "easy" way though. There are certainly ways that are considered "easier" than others though.

The CBT Nuggets videos are great and so are the Cisco Press quick reference sheets. The quick reference sheets where my favorite resource during the CCNP process.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    CCNP exams aren't easy no matter what route you take to study for them...that would be why it is such an accomplishment. If you want easy, pick a different field. :)

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    i need to know what is the most easy exam for study on CCNP.
    The easiest exam for you will be the one you have the most current experience with.

If you currently do routing in your current job, then BSCI may be easier for you.

If you currently do switching in your current job, then BCMSN may be easier for you.

If you currently do MPLS, Teleworking configurations, IPSec VPNs, and Network Security in your current job then ISCW may be easier for you.

If you currently do QoS, Wireless, and some VoIP in your current job, then ONT may be easier for you.

If you have no job experience with any of the above, then pick your favorite CCNA topic -- between routing and switching -- and choose the corresponding exam -- either BSCI or BCMSN -- to start with.
    if possible dont have Simulator.
    All the CCNP exams have hands-on topics that require lab time to learn properly. And Cisco likes to test your practical knowledge -- so you should expect that you will have to demonstrate your skills on the exam via Simulation Questions.

The CCNP exams are a big step up from the CCNA exam(s).

If you can't learn (or don't want to learn) all the configuration, troubleshooting, and verification tasks in the CCNP exam blueprints, then you may want to consider another certification (and possibly career).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    gcrispingcrispin Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    Buy a couple of cheap routers for the BSCI. You can get a pair of 2600's for like $100 and that's all you really need for 99% of the exam. For what it's worth I didn't have a L3 switch for the BCMSN and I got through okay. There isn't an "easy" way though. There are certainly ways that are considered "easier" than others though.

The CBT Nuggets videos are great and so are the Cisco Press quick reference sheets. The quick reference sheets where my favorite resource during the CCNP process.

Hi,

Saw your note re 2600 routers. Any particular minimum configuration (1 or 2 serial interfaces...). I am a current CCNA and poor, looking for cheapo way to get CCNP. Thanks much.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Of the four CCNP exams, ONT is the only one which doesn't necessarily require any hands on practice, though it's useful. It's the most theory based exam of the set.

At a bare minimum for the CCNP, you need two routers and a switch. This won't allow you to fully implement the technologies described, but will at least let you do most basic routing exercises (for which hands on practice is absolutely necessary unless you're a Beautiful Mind type of guy), and will at least let you get familiar with the commandline entries for most of the other technologies, even if you can't implement them fully.
  • Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    Most things worth accomplishing aren't "easy."

I would say there are somewhat "easier" ways of preparing. I'd have to echo everything everyone else said above about getting your hands on some basic hardware and/or GNS3/dynamips for hands on practice. Even if you could just memorize everything, doing labs makes life easier and makes material stick better.

Other than that, I'd say that either CBT Nuggets or Trainsignal Videos, or both have really made my CCNP studies easier in that they give me the information in a different format that is sometimes easier to digest than the books. I still think the books are necessary, but I like to cover the topics in different ways to both get different perspectives on the objectives as well as make the information stick a little better. For me, half the battle of my CCNP exams has been making sure I retain all the necessary details, which can be a challenge.

CCNP isn't "easy" but it certainly is worthwhile. Good luck with your studies!

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog