Options

165 foot Horse for £2m !

KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
Lucky we're not in a recession or I would seriously object to my council tax paying for this white elephant ... err horse !

It's going to be 50m (165 feet) high (Nelson's column is only 151 foot)

Apparantly the panel were very excited by it.... They can't get out much.

BBC NEWS | England | Kent | Giant horse to become £2m artwork
Kam.

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Honestly, where the heck do these idea's come from. I think a huge giant pint glass filled to the brim with the finest ale's should be included to symbolise our nations momentous achievement of drinking ourselves to death as a result of the current crapper that we are in :)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    Don't you guys already have something like that carved out of chalk in a hillside somewhere?

I also remember reading that Michelangelo or DaVinci made a giant horse statue and it ended up being used as target practice by the Germans or French. History could repeat itself.
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Don't you guys already have something like that carved out of chalk in a hillside somewhere?
    Yup. Kilburn White Horse in Yorkshire. We've also got a chalk design of a giant with his wang out in Dorset.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    I like this one better:

180px-Homer_Simpson_in_Cerne_Abbans.JPG

At least with Homer you could get some ad revenue from a major donut manufacturer. What kind of manufacturers would sponsor a giant horse? (*phew!*)
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I like this one better:

At least with Homer you could get some ad revenue from a major donut manufacturer. What kind of manufacturers would sponsor a giant horse? (*phew!*)
    Me too. I thought it was funny. It was done in biodegradable paint and would just wash off when it rained a few times so it was harmless as well.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    ditto...I'm a fan of anything that involves Homer and/or donuts! icon_lol.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What is this giant horse supposed to symbolize or represent?
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ally_uk wrote: »
    What is this giant horse supposed to symbolize or represent?

Our ability to spend money (that we don't actually have) on useless and pointless crap.

Nel, I'd actually approve the huge pint glass idea though, that does sound like a worthy idea :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    bertieb wrote: »
    Nel, I'd actually approve the huge pint glass idea though, that does sound like a worthy idea :)

Hell, call it a public pool and you're golden.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/