Options

I got a JOB!

brandon1109brandon1109 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally, the job search is over. Man looking for a job sucks. I applied to over 40 jobs and only hearing back from a few. 2 companies, 2 interviews, and 2 offer sheets later I finally got a job.

Thanks everyone for the help with the resume it apparently help a lot.

Also my top 4 websites for looking for a job were

monster
careerbuilder
dice
craigslist

My advice for anyone looking for a job. Stick in the batters box and keep swinging and eventually you will get a hit. Keep studying and good things will come...

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

What will you be doing?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! Good job on finding what I hope is a good job.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    Congrats!

Was it hard to chose between the two offers or were the offers from the same company as a result of negotiation?
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    man, you aint never lie about job hunting...i'm in the process of looking now. i've been doing interviews since about september. god knows how many companies i applied to, heard back from only a had full...had a number of phone interviews and like 7 in person interviews...no job offers. this **** sucks ballz yo...

but congrats man...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    brandon1109brandon1109 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will be working as a network technician for a gov't contractor at a local military base but can travel anywhere. Can't wait to do some traveling. My wife is cool with it so it makes it even better.

The one offer was 20,000 less than the one I took. I was so pissed when they offered that b/c I was told from the person who referred me (recruiter) that they would be able to meet my salary requirements. They were an small IT company that is up and coming. The second job is working for a big company and they were able to meet my asking salary. So it was a no brainier.

Now I can focus on ICND2 fullyicon_study.gif
  • Options
    bryantstewartbryantstewart Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Sounds like you will have a fun job there, especially with the traveling. I am another one that has been job hunting since August of last year. These threads are starting to bring me hope again.
  • Options
    carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    Congrats! Are you gonna be working in McDill?
  • Options
    BigTex71BigTex71 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the job!
    A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCSE | CCNA

Currently working towards MCITP: Enterprise Admin

Current Title: Network Administrator

Actual Job Functions: Network / Server / System Administrator, Tier-3 Help Desk, Jr. Project Manager, and "The Closer"