Options

Passed A+

hixsterhixster Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just wanted to thank those who run the site. I lurk for the most part, but the information like tech notes helped me a great deal. I also used A+ for Dummies and Mike Meyers A+ all in one book. I think using multiple sources works well as each one has different questions and to me that was of great value when studying. I'm now going to start studying for the Net+ exam.
Thanks Again

Comments

• Options
    nemtabnemtab Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hixster wrote: »
    I just wanted to thank those who run the site. I lurk for the most part, but the information like tech notes helped me a great deal. I also used A+ for Dummies and Mike Meyers A+ all in one book. I think using multiple sources works well as each one has different questions and to me that was of great value when studying. I'm now going to start studying for the Net+ exam.
    Thanks Again

Congrats. All the best in Network+
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Well done. icon_cheers.gif Get to the books and Net+ will be a breeze. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    hixsterhixster Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the responses.
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Hey buddy, have you decided on your network+ books yet?

I used the Network+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Third Edition (All-in-One) by Michael Myers, and I also liked the passport edition as a review. It helped me a lot.

The Exam Cram's have a good size practice tests that come with them from measureup.

That should be plenty to get you though it... make sure you know your ports inside and out, IP addressing rules, OSI, and definitely know all the BASE standards. Don't underestimate the Apple, Novell, and Unix/Linux parts either.

This was a fun test to study for, enjoy.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□