Options

ONT - Passed.

kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
I just passed my ONT exam. What a relief, I was really nervous for this one, but it all worked out. :)
Studying for CCNP (All done)

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Congrats bro. Where does that put you in the NP track? Was that your first Pro exam? Last?
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    mikearama wrote: »
    Congrats bro. Where does that put you in the NP track? Was that your first Pro exam? Last?

Thanks,

Im done with all of them, so CCNP :)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, I think this is the first time I've seen someone get their NP and not shout about it from the rooftops icon_lol.gif

Congratulations!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on passing ONT! icon_thumright.gif
    kpjungle wrote: »
    Im done with all of them, so CCNP :)
    Congratulations on earning the CCNP!!!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job man. The ONT was the last for me also. How did you find the QoS materials that were covered? It was my favorite part of the entire CCNP track.

Any other Cisco certs in the pipeline?
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the ONT!
    and nice one on the CCNP

J
  • Options
    lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
    Congratulation !!!

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Im not sure about the QoS being the most interesting for me. Its definitely the hardest to really lab out for yourself to get familiar with. I enjoyed studying routing protocols and switching technologies quite alot because I could do alot of trial and error stuff on my home lab. I got myself a whiteboard and sketched some scenarios out, wrote down how I thought it would work, and then tried it out. When I was wrong, I learned something, so hands on is a must for me :)

As for whats next, hmm. Dont know really. I think I will spend quite alot of time reading up on some technologies, and then decide then what I really want to go in depth with. I wish there was more people like all of you around here, so study groups could be arranged. Its a lonely journey sometimes :)
  • Options
    netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Congrats on the pass and completing the NP
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congrats on both the pass and your new CCNP designation! icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    Wow! That's awesome! Congrats!

It seems like it wasn't too long ago when you were just studying for the BSCI and now you have the whole set completed (assuming you started at BSCI).

Good luck on whatever you decide to do next. I say go for CCIE ;)
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    Wow! That's awesome! Congrats!

It seems like it wasn't too long ago when you were just studying for the BSCI and now you have the whole set completed (assuming you started at BSCI).

Good luck on whatever you decide to do next. I say go for CCIE ;)

Yeah, I started with the BSCI, I think its taken a while, but then again, I have studied almost every day, so its a given I think its a lot of time :)

The CCIE is tempting, at least in order to get something to read in again :)
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tomsettomset Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.

Im not sure about the QoS being the most interesting for me. Its definitely the hardest to really lab out for yourself to get familiar with. I enjoyed studying routing protocols and switching technologies quite alot because I could do alot of trial and error stuff on my home lab. I got myself a whiteboard and sketched some scenarios out, wrote down how I thought it would work, and then tried it out. When I was wrong, I learned something, so hands on is a must for me :)

As for whats next, hmm. Dont know really. I think I will spend quite alot of time reading up on some technologies, and then decide then what I really want to go in depth with. I wish there was more people like all of you around here, so study groups could be arranged. Its a lonely journey sometimes :)

How difficult was the ONT compared to the other exams? I'm just about to start studying for it.

Also, can you use GNS3 for most of the labs from the ONT?
    Next up:
    CCIP
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    The CCIE is tempting, at least in order to get something to read in again :)

Then what are you waiting for? Dig in!!! :D
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just passed my ONT exam. What a relief, I was really nervous for this one, but it all worked out. :)

Another Major in the Cisco Brigade. Awesome :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Im all for study groups. Im in the UK so just keep in touch.
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    Im all for study groups. Im in the UK so just keep in touch.

Ive been looking at groupstudy.com, not sure exactly what i provides, have you used it?
  • Options
    BennyLavaBennyLava Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Ive been looking at groupstudy.com, not sure exactly what i provides, have you used it?

groupstudy is simply a mailing list. It can be useful though if you have a question to put to the floor and a number of experienced folks contribute there. It's also sometimes rather entertaining!
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    groupstudy is simply a mailing list. It can be useful though if you have a question to put to the floor and a number of experienced folks contribute there. It's also sometimes rather entertaining!

Hehe, I imagine so. I thought it was some kind of way to somehow collaborate on your study. Ie. schedules, topic discussion and so on. As far as I can tell, alot of candidates like you use their blogs to "track" their progress. I find most of them really informational and useful, but as I have mentioned before, it seems like a very lonely journey unfortunally.
  • Options
    Hehe, I imagine so. I thought it was some kind of way to somehow collaborate on your study. Ie. schedules, topic discussion and so on. As far as I can tell, alot of candidates like you use their blogs to "track" their progress. I find most of them really informational and useful, but as I have mentioned before, it seems like a very lonely journey unfortunally.

The CCIE journey is lonely in many ways. That's one of those things that a lot of candidates have problems with and many give up as a consequence which is a shame. That's where doing something like blogging on places like here can help. I have had a lot of views on my thread, 75000 I think, and lots of wishes and support from people chipping in on the thread and by PM sent to me out of the blue over the last couple of years. I can tell you that really helps.

Ultimately you are on your own but things like this help and the support of one or two other candidates, friends and family. That's all you need really.

The main thing is, noone can do the CCIE for you so braving the elements alone for most of the journey is just something you have to do. But it's not so bad. It's character building ;)
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Congrats dude!!!!
    CCIE - COMPLETED!