BCMSN & wireless

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any web resources for the wireless section of the bcmsn. I feel this is probably one of my weakest area's and need more resources to back up my knowledge of this area. I dont have any wireless kit to practice on nor have i worked with cisco wireless kit before.

Any suggestions from people who have been in a similar situation for this exam?

Thanks

Andrew
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• hollow666hollow666 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Starting this exam this week and just briefly browsed through the official cisco press. Looks like they go over basic theory and basic WLC setup. Luckily I have setup 9 4400s and a few location servers and of course WCS. THe configuration guides they have are pretty detailed.

Cisco 4400 Series Wireless LAN Controllers Configuration Guides - Cisco Systems
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    I found the Cert Guide only missed a couple topics that I saw on the exam... otherwise, quite good.

I added the Chris Bryant material, and he filled in the blanks nicely.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the suggestions fella's. I was planning to go over wireless a few more times with the aid of nuggets.

• cowood2676cowood2676 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nel wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions fella's. I was planning to go over wireless a few more times with the aid of nuggets.

I just cleared this exam a couple of weeks ago. 30% wireless. Make sure you know LWAPP inside and out or u will fail.
  • redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    You also might want to take a look in the study section on cisco.com for the CCNA-Wireless exam...there are quite a few resources there that cover this stuff in pretty good depth. The quality of the videos is plain awful, but they are informative.

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/wireless_ccna/iuwne?view=overview

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    redwarrior wrote: »
    You also might want to take a look in the study section on cisco.com for the CCNA-Wireless exam...there are quite a few resources there that cover this stuff in pretty good depth. The quality of the videos is plain awful, but they are informative.

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/wireless_ccna/iuwne?view=overview

My God! Those vids are cringe worthy :D but a good resource. Thanks for that.