Options

second shot voucher

mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
guys a very quick question: how do I know if the second shot voucher was applied??

thanks very much for Your responses
Long term plan:
2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP

Comments

• Options
    Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I find it difficult, But if your using prometric, then when its booked, look at the receipt and it will say how much you paid, and the words promo code aswell
    Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Mike,

If you buy from getcertify4less.com, the second shot is included with your voucher. If you click on the link to the left "Exam Vouchers", Techexams gets something out of it- I dont know what they get, but we should support this site by clicking on the link to buy from this great vender. I bought a voucher from Preplogic, their vouchers dont have a second shot atatched... found out the hard way.

Hope this helps.

K831
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    I'm pretty certain you get told if you mistype your SS code. So provided there are no errors messages then it will have worked.

One other option would be to book over the phone.
  • Options
    jayITjayIT Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recently signed up for the MS second chance voucher though the MS website to get the voucher and used it on Prometric.

Prometric's website doesn't give you any helpful information when you try to validate your voucher number. It never tells you if it was successfull or not. I went ahead and signed up for the test, and immediately called Prometric to see if my voucher was applied. The lady on the phone read my voucher number back to me and said it was active, so it worked correctly.

Best bet is to call Prometric to be sure. Maybe after enough nagging phone calls, they'll put something on the site that at least displays your voucher number.
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    mikesz wrote: »
    guys a very quick question: how do I know if the second shot voucher was applied??

thanks very much for Your responses

I'm pretty sure you can just go to the Microsoft website and register under your MCPID and any voucher you buy and then take an exam for will have Second Shot. It's tied to the ID I believe.

I'll find out Thursday if I fail. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    mans20mans20 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    today i exam 70-351 but unfortunately i Failed.anyway already I have voucher number from microsoft for second shot but how to using this number through prometric website please step by step.

please your help...
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    mans20 wrote: »
    today i exam 70-351 but unfortunately i Failed.anyway already I have voucher number from microsoft for second shot but how to using this number through prometric website please step by step.

please your help...

Go back to Prometric's website where you originally signed up for the test and go through the exact same process, using the exact same voucher code. It's automatically good for a 2nd shot. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    GPGarrisonGPGarrison Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm having trouble using my second shot voucher on Prometric's web site. It gives an error reading "promotion not found." How do I apply my voucher to get the free retake?
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You were supposed enter the second shot voucher number when registering for the first exam. Did you do this?
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology