Options

New to MCITP SA track

saad3000saad3000 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, today is my last session day of covering the overview of AD DS in Server 2008... However I need some info about what materials to focus on since am enrolled with classes that costs me a fortune, MCITP SA Track about 4000 $ + I get 3 free exams of the whole track!

I have no prior use of Sever 2003 or AD, however I have a vast knowledge of computers and operating systems such as linux distros in addition to XP ...

Question:

Can I setup vms of server 2003 and xp clients for practice purpose?? If I'am limited to install server 2008 on my pc and going for the MCITP SA track...

Any recommendation to successfuly pass the track??

Many thanks!!

Regards,

Saad

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    There are trial version of 2003 and 2008 available that you can use as VMs to make as large or as small of a lab as you'd like. I would recommend getting as much practice as you can. Read through the technotes here on 2003 as pretty much all of the information is applicable to 2008 as well.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    saad3000saad3000 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, I will make sure to read and practice, one more thing is there good books you recommend me to read and practice beside the Microsoft books that I'am getting from the classes??

Like the first exam will be the Active directory configuration which includes those 3 courses I'am taking:

6424-Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
    6425-Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services
    6426-Configuring Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory.

Those 3 courses, I will make an exam in the SA Track...

Any books related that could help me out pass the Exam and many thanks!!