Options

DSCE being canceled for individual techs

dallastechdallastech Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I went on my DSCE account this morning and found this message

" Effective February 16th, 2009 the DCSE program for individual technicians is being retired. DCSE is being replaced by a new program called Dell Diagnostic Engineer Training (DDET). You will no longer be able to access the DCSE program site after March 16th, 2009. "

I haven't received my new logins stuff yet...But i wonder what this is about....

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    looks like they want to keep the designation of DCSE for only those working with DSPs (Dell Service Providers), and they're giving individuals who are Dell certified a new designation so that they can tell them apart. At least they let you "transfer" over to being a DDET until your current certification expires...but then you have to test on DDET stuff in order to stay certified. Kinda pricey too - $179USD/year per tech, but apparently it covers three exams and you don't have to pay for retakes if you don't pass.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    dallastechdallastech Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am headed back into the Courier industry focusing on computer aided tracking. Not sure I want to stay Dell certified. I may, Depending on what type of machines the company i am gonna work for uses.....Gonna focus on Comptia RFID.......

The company i work for now is about as reliable as a 95 year old grandma driver....Gotta go through 4 channels to get answers. And i gotta call 3 companies to close out a single job.......