Options

Just passed that 70-620 exam

HandyManHandyMan Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Even though everyone says it is an easy exam, it was harder than I thought it would be, but I got 914 anyway.
I had 14 simulation questions. Can you believe it ?
I used the MS Press book and accompanying test, and the CBT Nuggets training for study.

So am now MCSA. I have to decide to complete MCSE or do the upgrade 70-648 to Windows 2008. Any opinions on this are welcome.

Comments

• Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Congratulations on the pass and gaining your MCSA.

How did you find the CBT Nuggets set you up for the exam? I am currently working my way through the TestsOut LabSim 7 day trial. It's nice to have a simulated environment with some tasks to perform :)
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    HandyMan wrote: »
    So am now MCSA. I have to decide to complete MCSE or do the upgrade 70-648 to Windows 2008. Any opinions on this are welcome.

Congrats on the pass. When in doubt, just do both :) At least MCSE won't technically expire when Server 2008 goes away (though it will be obsolete).
  • Options
    msethkmsethk Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam. That's actually the same score I made a 914. I thought the test was decent except for the sims. Some of mine were not very precise in what it wanted you to do.
    stupidboy wrote: »
    I am currently working my way through the TestsOut LabSim 7 day trial. It's nice to have a simulated environment with some tasks to perform

I used TestOut sims to study before I took the test. It didn't do much good. It may be a nice way to get a feel for things, but none of those sims are really gonna be on the test. Atleast it wasn't on mine anyways... I would follow the MSPRESS book practice exercises to prepare for the sims.
  • Options
    HandyManHandyMan Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    >> How did you find the CBT Nuggets set you up for the exam?

It was good in that I could just sit back and watch someone else drive around those areas that I would normally never have much interest in, such as parental control and content advisor. It just enhanced what I had read in the MS Press book. Someone else paid for the CBT disk and I doubt it would have been worth it if I had paid for it myself.
    I think it's good also to just get on to a live Vista PC and browse around the various tools, like Windows Defender, or set up Remote assistance, and get a good feel for where things are. Check out all the Control Panel tools.
    The Measure-Up test with the MS book is good as it includes detailed explanations as well.
  • Options
    bschwartzbschwartz Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your 70-620. I am planning on taking that exam in the next couple of months as soon as I am finished with Security+. Does anyone have any studying information that I can use to pass the Security+ exam. I have been using Transcenders, MCMCSE.com and Techexams.net.
    Future WIP 70-621, MCAS