Options

Where can I find Labs to do?

I built a home lab and I want to start doing some labs to help prepare me for the CCNA. I will do the TechLabs on here but I obviously need more. Can anyone point me to a place where I can find some good ones even if I have to pay for them? My home lab consists of the following:

1x2514 Router (with AUI Transceiver)
1x2610 Router w/NM-8A/S
2x3640 Routers w/NM-2E2W w/WIC-1T's each
2x2950-24 Switches
1x3550-48 Switch

3 1-foot Back-2-Back Serial Cables
3 3-foot Back-2-Back Serial Cables
All the patch cables I could need

Any place you can point me to get me started would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    x2

Drew

• Options
    yanks4everontopyanks4everontop Member Posts: 106
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Cool, I decided to purchase this. Thanks for the link.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Has anyone used that? I'm always looking for some more labs to do. I'll definitely pick it up if I get some positive feedback.
  • Options
    hollow666hollow666 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does cisco have any official books that are all lab based?
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    hollow666 wrote: »
    Does cisco have any official books that are all lab based?

Have a look here: http://www.ciscopress.com/promotions/promotion.asp?promo=136536
  • Options
    yanks4everontopyanks4everontop Member Posts: 106
    phoeneous wrote: »

Don't the Cisco Academy Lab Books primarly deal with using PacketTracer?
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    Any feedbacks on ciscokits.com CCNA workbook quality ? I am starting my CCNA and in need of some hands on labs.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Ciscokits lab workbook will get you what you need but I found that making up my own labs based on the chapter in Odom I was reading was more helpful. Especially when I didn't get it right the first time and had to troubleshoot! Yay for troubleshooting practice.
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    Ciscokits lab workbook will get you what you need but I found that making up my own labs based on the chapter in Odom I was reading was more helpful. Especially when I didn't get it right the first time and had to troubleshoot! Yay for troubleshooting practice.

As a matter of fact that is what i am looking for "troubleshooting". I can not learn something unless I do some hands on / troubleshooting work. I have to find "my own" mistakes to understand the topic.
  • Options
    jonny72jonny72 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't the Cisco Academy Lab Books primarly deal with using PacketTracer?

Its a mixture. There are stand alone Packet Tracer exercises, then there are labs which all have Packet Tracer companions (ie the lab in Packet Tracer).

I just had a look at the Routing Protocols & Concepts Labs & Study Guide and it has 25 labs in it. But that is just a fraction of the material in it, lots and lots of other exercises to work through.

They are pretty cheap as well for the amount of material you get. I'm using them alongside the Companion Guides and together it seems pretty comprehensive, to me at least.
  • Options
    mensmens Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□