Options

SUS or WSUS on 70-293

nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi - I bought a second-hand version of the MS Training Kit book for the 70-293, and it must be an early edition because the 15% off exam voucher expired on 31/12/2004!

The book only covers SUS under the topic of update infrastructure, but since I studied WSUS for the 70-291, and got questions on WSUS in my exam last year, I imagine I should focus on WSUS for the 70-293 too.. does this sound right?

Do you guys think there is anything else I should look out for with this early version of the training kit book?
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There is a second edition. Do you have the first?

As far as WSUS goes, it'll be the same as 291. You should check out the exam objectives and see if there's anything else that book doesn't cover. The MS Press book is typically not thought of well as far as this exam goes, and most people recommend the Syngress book instead.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, I thought as much but just wanted to be sure before I invested any study-time in this area!

I think I must have the first edition, but I can't find anywhere in the book where this is explicitly stated.

I will check out the Syngress book, thanks.

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't think the first edition is explicitly stated. Check the date; the second was out in 2006. To be honest, I'd just skip the MS Press book altogether.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I don't think the first edition is explicitly stated. Check the date; the second was out in 2006. To be honest, I'd just skip the MS Press book altogether.

+1

I agree, as a study guide the MS press book for this one is pap and just references various MS webpages for further reading. The Syngress book is much better in this case.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies and advice, I'd had a funny feeling that there was a lack of detail in the MS Press book, especially considering the level of difficulty that is supposed to accompany this exam.

I'm getting the Syngress book now; in fact I remember that I read through a few excerpts from the Syngress book for 70-291 and they were very detailed and helpful.

I'm booking my exam for Easter, around the 12th - 14th April. I think I'll quickly whizz through the rest of the MS Press book now considering I'm onto the "Prepare for the Exam" section at the back which I think might be useful revision. I've already watched 70-293 CBT Nuggets and made notes.

After that I'll go through Syngress and concentrate on labs.