Options

Questions about CCNA

Cougar4357Cougar4357 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, all.
I am currently getting ready to start working on my CCNA and A+ certifications. I have a year and a half of previous helpdesk experience working on basic computer and printer troubleshooting. I was wondering what kind of salary I could expect with those certifications in the Cincinnati, OH area. I am currently in the Lexington, Kentucky area but have heard the pay is better up north.
Thanks for any information.

Comments

• Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Well experience is important. You have about 1.5 years of helpdesk experience and you're considering the A+ and CCNA certifications. My question to you is what do you want to do? The A+ isn't going to do anything for you in the networking world and the CCNA won't do much but over qualify you for some helpdesk jobs.

I got my first IT job doing everything from Tier 1 to Tier 3 with no certs and my A.S. degree in CIS. Since then I've moved onto a Tier 2 job at a NOC working on layer 2 networking technologies with my degree and a CCENT. Results vary. As for what you can expect pay wise... it all depends.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    Cougar4357Cougar4357 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am wanting to do alot of hands on stuff as the helpdesk job just didnt do it for me. Will probably continue certificatons with the CCNP and keep going from there.. Just want alot of hands on work.