Options

Terminal History command

jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
Hello everyone, I'm busy tightening up my knowledge for the ICND1 on March 7th and had a question. I was practicing some terminal history scenarios and came up with two:

1.) When you issue the terminal history size # command, does that apply to all prompts? If so, does that mean you can issue it from any prompt?

2.) I think I know this, but when you press the up arrow to recall a command, it appears to only give you the commands you been using in the prompt you're currently in. Is that correct? It appears to be.

Any and all help would be appreciated. I researched it in Wendall Odom's book, but it didn't clarify it good enough.

Comments

• Options
    Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    1) Yeah since you can only apply that command in priv mode, I would say it applies to all modes, just as terminal monitor.

2) Indeed it only shows the command of your current mode. At least my 2900 that does not support the "do" command only shows the executable lines for your mode.
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.