Ospf nssa

BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys

i have been working my way through the Official BCSI cert guide and well i must say it leaves you hanging a bit.
but this is not a post to flame how bad the book is icon_rolleyes.gif

Any way the section on stub area's is not very good and dose not cover enough i feel and compleatly lacks true life situations where to opt for 1 or other or not bother.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions of places i can look at to get some better understanding and some real world configs would be verry useful .

This is a situation i am trying to think how to get it working:

Take a data center as hub with internet connection and then vmpls and or vpn to spoke sites.
The spoke sites then connect in via vmpls and or vpn, but they also have direct internet access through a local connection.
what should be happen is that access to the hub or any other spoke should be routed to the Data center (hub) then to the correct site if required.
All internet traffic should go out localy unless the link is down then it should go Via the hub and then the Data centers connection.

Any help would be great

Cheers

J

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Have you already gone through the BSCI Self-Study Guide first?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »

Ah nope icon_redface.gif

i did not get that book as i could not see the main difference between the 2 at the time dough...

i dont realy fancy buying a book for such little amount of info extra that can be taken from it esp if it is writen as badly as this one.

i currently have:
    BCSI official exam certification book
    BCSI LAB Portfolio
    CCNP Video mentor

was looking at safari book store online to support the books i already have you think its a good idea mike?

Cheers

J
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BADfish10 wrote: »
    i dont realy fancy buying a book for such little amount of info extra that can be taken from it esp if it is writen as badly as this one.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, read back over your post.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
    The difference being I am dyslexic writing on a forum board without any aid

The text you defend should be written by someone who knows how to write technical books that are readable. Then proofed by several other people before going anywhere near production! Same can be said with the CD with mock test questions that came with this book.

Thank you for your helpful comment icon_thumright.gif
    j
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BADfish10 wrote: »
    The difference being I am dyslexic writing on a forum board without any aid

The text you defend should be written by someone who knows how to write technical books that are readable. Then proofed by several other people before going anywhere near production! Same can be said with the CD with mock test questions that came with this book.

Thank you for your helpful comment icon_thumright.gif
    j

A quote from Home: Thank God I'm Dyslexic

Words actually spin around and disappear from your field of vision when you are reading – or trying to read – and it is so distracting that it’s hard to get the information into your head as you’re reading.

It's probably your dyslexia rather than the author. icon_smile.gif
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    mikej412 wrote: »

Not to pile on, but I learned the hard way that the exam guides are/were intended for someone with practical experience needing to refresh topics prior to sitting for the exam. Self Study Guides are/were a better source for learning the material in depth/from the ground up.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The self-study guide seems to be a better option for you. Also, for the professional level exams you better get used to the idea of using multiple resources. There is not a single resource that will prepare you for these exams, regardless of how they are marketed. I recommend using the Self-Study Guide, the Exam Cert Guide, and if you really want to know your stuff and clear up details that the Professional Level books lack, I highly recommend Routing TCP/IP Volume I Second Edition by Doyle.

Just my nickels worth.
    Ok the answer is add to the material i have!
    shame but if this is the way i have to go so be it,
    i think i will try the safari book store out and use it to supliment the BCSI book i am currently using.
    the online version of the cisco study guide as reference reading should be ok!
    Will grab a hard copy of the TCP/IP book for the bath room icon_study.gif sounds like a must have.

Cheers

j