Options

Curious question about ICND2 objectives

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
There is no mention of SDM on the objectives (From the Cisco Website). I have no problem with SDM, but given the broad spectrum of topics in the ICND2 vs the ICND1, I would think that my time would be better served doing CLI based labs. I probably will still play with SDM a little though.

Is this the same assumption other people here make based on the objective list?

Please, I don't want anyone to violate the NDA by telling everyone to either expect or not expect SDM because they saw/didn't see it on their exam.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's on the ICND1 and CCNA objectives, so I'd expect to see it at some point.

To be honest, I think someone like you could complete any SDM task at that level with no experience. I'd definitely focus on the CLI, but it wouldn't hurt you to spend a few minutes with SDM to get acclimated to where everything is, etc.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You need SDM still. If you look at the combined exam objective list, it has CLI/SDM listed against ICND2 topics like ACLs. If you look at just the objective list for ICND2, it doesn't list whether it is CLI/SDM for some reason.
    640-802 wrote:
    # Configure and apply ACLs based on network filtering requirements.(including: CLI/SDM)
    # Configure and apply an ACLs to limit telnet and SSH access to the router using (including: SDM/CLI)
    640-816 wrote:
    # Configure and apply access control lists based on network filtering requirements
    # Configure and apply an access control list to limit telnet and SSH access to the router
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    dynamik wrote: »
    It's on the ICND1 and CCNA objectives, so I'd expect to see it at some point.

To be honest, I think someone like you could complete any SDM task at that level with no experience. I'd definitely focus on the CLI, but it wouldn't hurt you to spend a few minutes with SDM to get acclimated to where everything is, etc.

Thanks for the post.

I have no problem configuring SDM... It's once of those things where I don't want to spend a ton of time on it if I don't have to... I would rather focus on CLI. I still plan on spending a little bit of time with it though.

I realize i didn't complete my thought about why I was curious in the first place. As you and tiersten it is on the CCNA combined objectives, which I thought was weird because there was no mention of it on the ICND2 objectives.