Options

PASSED the 70-290!!!

genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
Wow, what a fun exam! I was quite worried about this one as I didn't get a chance to really study as much as I have for past exams but in the end, it was enough. Scored an 820 which is my highest score on an MS exam to date and honestly, I would agree with the other recent 'Pass' posters that this exam is far easier than practice exams, from whatever source! All I had were the Sybex & TE practice exams and those were FAR more difficult.

If you're still studying for this one, go ahead and schedule your exam asap cuz with 2nd Shot available, you've got little to lose and a whole lot to gain. :)

Cheers and finally, on to "The BEAST'....
1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012

Comments

• Options
    aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
    Sweeeeet dude! Congrats!

I'll be taking this exam in the next week or two.
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Good luck with the 291 - it's a definite 'step-up' from the 290 but manageable if you put the time and lab work in and not THAT scary :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Congrats! The 70-290 was also easier to me than what I thought it would be. Welcome to the 70-291 club! icon_thumright.gif
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    gravyjoe wrote: »
    Congrats! The 70-290 was also easier to me than what I thought it would be. Welcome to the 70-291 club! icon_thumright.gif

I agree. The 70-290 was not difficult compared to the other Microsoft exams.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
    Big Jizay wrote: »
    I agree. The 70-290 was not difficult compared to the other Microsoft exams.

easier than 270?
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    aquageek wrote: »
    easier than 270?

Yes. I feel that the 290 is more clear and straight to the point. 270 seemed more tricky to me. Most people on Techexams who've taken 270 and 290 would agree that the 290 is easier.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    amart83amart83 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A little late but congratulations GenX! icon_cheers.gif
    Career path: Working on upgrading to MCSA2K3 then MSCE2K3 > CCENT > CCNA
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Thanks all! I decided to take a week long break from studying in order to ramp up for the Beast. Having a CCNA I'm not too intimidated by it but I know there will still be a lot to learn.

For now though... Sleep.... |-)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    TheDongerTheDonger Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats there. I know you were studying hard and trying your best.

I've been studying all week for 4 or 5 hours a day (haven't worked on 2003 at all during my old job) and so I'm hoping some of your luck will rub off on me for Monday. :)