Options

*TechNotes* 70-270 Windows XP Pro

Comments

• Options
    catangangcatangang Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello All i just want to findout how this technotes are helpfull in the case where u do not have a complete preparation material for the MCp 70-270.
    Thanks and nice day to all
  • Options
    BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are these tech notes all you need to pass the exam?

I am looking into buying the following book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0735621527/ref=cm_rev_prev/103-5993076-2825432?%5Fencoding=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=3456&s=books&customer-reviews.start=1

Does anybody have any experience with this book? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    deepak_sardeepak_sar Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i am working in IT field for 4 yrs due to less pay and
    due to my poverty i cannot buy book for MCP (windows XP) exam the notes will help me

thanks if possible can any one send me questions on windows XP
  • Options
    esrajarathinamesrajarathinam Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hai
    thanks for sharing
    with love
    s.rajarathinam
  • Options
    geordieoxgeordieox Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey webmaster..

Just wondering if there was a pdf version of these notes - I see loads of people asked last year, did you get round to finishing it?

Very helpful website by the way, been starting to study for my MCSA and this site is a godsend.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Sorry, no pdf yet. Yeah, I'm still saying 'yet', because I do plan to finish it before Vista becomes 'the' client. ;)
  • Options
    geordieoxgeordieox Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not to worry - the online stuff is more than good enough - just being lazy....

:D
  • Options

I don't like not keeping my promises though, I should have finished the PDF long ago. Especially since it's already about 90% complete for such a long time... icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    karson wongkarson wong Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't know why I can't go to Microsoft 70-270 technote. I tried al the PC in my working office got the same result. But the other path 70-290, 70-291 and so on are OK!

Do your guy have the same problem? icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    Actually, the www.techexams.net/microsoft/70-270.shtml does take long to load, I'll check that in a minute.

Do you have any problems accessing www.techexams.net/technotes/xp/installing.shtml directly?
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    The second link seems to work fine. I do recall that yesterday the top one did take a while to load...However, it's fine now.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    There was still a tracking image on that page pointing to software that no longer exists on our server, which I now removed so it should work fine now.
  • Options
    karson wongkarson wong Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The path is OK right now.

Thank you very much, Webmaster!!!
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wanted to say what a great job these technotes are! I am studying now and just went through the MSPress book etc.. I have had a lot of experience with XP from my job however these notes just key in on some great areas!

Thanks for the hard work!
  • Options
  • Options
    ITravineITravine Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much for the hard work , i don't have the words to describe that how much your site is valueable for us
    thanks again
    azhar
  • Options
    turabhiraniturabhirani Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I am taking up Windows 70-270 exam can someone give me urls, links from where I can download an ebook / study notes (full) for MCSE - 70-270 Windows XP Exam.

Johan you were to convert you technotes on the same subject into an pdf guide? where can i download it from?

Regards,

Turab.
    turabhirani@yahoo.com
  • Options
    mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys. appreciate all your hard work.
    Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP
  • Options
    knivez83knivez83 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    that's great stuff. just got my MCP.
  • Options
    springrollspringroll Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thx for the notes planning to study this and take the exam soon. :D
  • Options
    antcantc Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi, this is my first post in these forums after joining earlier today but i would just like to say thanks also for these tech notes. I am using them currently to study for my xp exam which i should be taking in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    msconfigmsconfig Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    I have failed twice and my weak point was mostly the following :

1-Applying security templates.
    2-Migrating Windows XP Professional with applications, settings using USMT.
    3-XP deployment using Sysprep, Riprep, and unattendesd installation issues.

So please will u help?
    On MCP 70-270
  • Options
    goosee007goosee007 Member Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I was just reviewing your technotes and was wondering if you had already posted a pdf copy of you notes on the site as of yet?

I was looking through your site but maybe I had missed it.

Please let me know. I really appreciate the help.

thanks

goosee.
  • Options
    It's not finished yet, so no there's no PDF. We only provide a PDF version once all the exam objectives are covered.
  • Options
    ArmonasiaArmonasia Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much for your hard work. Your notes helped me gain a better understanding for a lot of things on the Net+ exam. You make it plain and easy to understand. Because there were some things I didn't fully understand I didn't have the desire to study but after I got your notes and studied them it was all downhill from there.

I am studying 290 and 270 together. I already have 271 and I work in IT now so hopefully I will pass both no later than early March.
  • Options
    TLW904TLW904 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I FIND YOUR NOTES HELPFUL...... ALONG SIDE MY BOOK FROM THE COURSE AND YOUR WEBSITE I HAVE FOUND YOUR NOTES TO BE AWSOME HELP... THEY HIGHTLIGHT SOME INFORMATION THE BOOK DOESNT AND FILL IN THE BLANKS NOT REALLY SURE ABOUT HOW TO CONFIGURE TO VIRTUAL PC BUT ILL FIGURE IT OUT AND THERE IS ALWAYS ASKING FOR HELP IF YOU GET STUCK. I HAVE VISTA HOME (BASIC) AND DONT REALLY HAVE IT IN THE BUDGET TO GET A XP CD AND AN ADDITIONAL HARD DRIVE TO RUN IT ON BUT, HEY I FIGURE IF I READ TO UNDERSTAND AND RETAIN WHEN I GET A CHANCE TO DO IT THE REST WILL COME.... IM ON THE MCSA TRACK AND MY FIRST TEST WILL BE 70-270 ONCE IM READY
  • Options
    Chris1984Chris1984 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey,

thanks for your fantastic notes for the 70-270 exam.

I found a mistake, that many books made till now. In the "Printing" you describe the printing permissions.

One of the permissions is "Manage Documents".
    The "problem" with this or the mistake that many people make is:
    A person with only the "Mange Documents" permissions is not allowed to print.
    He only has the permission to mange their own print jobs as well as others.

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/ef00d10d-3bca-4201-a788-855b41ecf0371033.mspx?mfr=true
    "The user cannot, however, send documents to the printer or control the status of the printer."

Would be nice, if you correct this in your notes.

Cheers,
    Chris
  • Options
    thefan08thefan08 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i understand how ics is configure, but the pyhsical connetion is what i have questions about, how is this protrayed. pls help with this info. thanks
  • Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Anyway of getting all of these into one PDF like the Network+ :D
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    jryantech wrote:
    Anyway of getting all of these into one PDF like the Network+ :D

Please.. I d like to have it and PDF FILE :):)
    close to MCSA!!