Options

Passed ICND1!

daJwaydaJway Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been looking at these forums for the past year on and off and it has really helped me so I figure I'd pass it on.

Took the ICND1 yesterday and passed with a 990.

Didn't use brain **** or anything, Just been going through the Cisco Network Academy for a year and a half which I highly recommend.

Plan on taking the second half in two weeks because im nearing graduation and have already learned most of it anyway. If anyone has the money train signal was a great refresher for me and everything he goes over is right a long with the test.

I cannot say whats on the test, but what I can tell everyone planning to take it is to:

please, please, please know how to configure RIP v1 and 2 (don’t just know how, but understand how to configure rip)

please understand and make great use out of the "show cdp neighbors", "show cdp neighbors detail", and "show ip route" commands because they come in handy.

if you have problems with memorizing DHCP like I use to someone told me about DORA (Discover, Offer, Request, Ack)

Know about wireless network's esp differences between a BSS and ESS.

And please understand how to subnet! Study, Study, Study subnetting! My teacher still wont let my class use any kind of subnet calc and even a year and a half later makes us do subnetting by hand and it really pays off because a huge portion of just about any Cisco test (taken over 40), practice cert, and the cert I took resolves a lot around knowing about subnets.

Lastly, if you cannot afford Cisco equipment to practice on I would recommend letting packet tracer become your best friend. To me its about as close as it gets and you can add your own cards, do simulations, all that great stuff.

-- And for some reason a lot of people do not realize that serial interfaces do not have MAC addresses. So thats a great thing to know as well.

Thanks everybody here because you have been helpful,
if you have any questions you can email me daJway@hotmail.com or on here.

Jason
Jason

Comments

• Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Good job man!!
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    grats, ty for the info!
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Congrats on the pass and the great score. Half way towards that CCNA. Keep it up
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Congrats on the pass! I'm still studying for this one...
  • Options
    mshilungamshilunga Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the pass is a good one
    once we’ve mastered the art of diligence, we can use it in any important area of our lives, in any endeavor or pursuit to achieve incredible outcomes.