Passed 1Y0-259 : CCA Certified

Stef6707Stef6707 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yesterday I did this exam and left the building with a score of 90%. The name of the test is Citrix Presentation server 4.5 and Xenapp 5.0 for windows server 2003 administration. After you pass this one you are Citrix CCA for Citrix Xenapp 5 for Windows Server 2003 certified.

As preparation I took the official course at a training center and played around with a couple of citrix servers in a test environment for a couple of weeks.

The exam itself is not to difficult. 64 questions. I was out after 45 minutes.

Next on my list is the same certifications for 2008 server (1Y0-A05 exam). I hope do that next week, since there is a lot of overlap between the 2003 and 2008 CCA. I intend to prepare this one by reading the install and administrator guide from xenapp 5

Comments

• stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Stef6707 wrote: »
    Yesterday I did this exam and left the building with a score of 90%. The name of the test is Citrix Presentation server 4.5 and Xenapp 5.0 for windows server 2003 administration. After you pass this one you are Citrix CCA for Citrix Xenapp 5 for Windows Server 2003 certified.

As preparation I took the official course at a training center and played around with a couple of citrix servers in a test environment for a couple of weeks.

Congratulations!

Well, after looking at the Citrix website and trying to work it out I gave up. I logged into my CertManager account and checked the track. By the looks, the only requirement for Citrix Certified Administrator for Citrix XenApp 5 is 1Y0-259, so you are certified :)

I recommend that you get a CertManager account so you can track your certification tracks and make sure your Certificates are on their way. Go to http://www.citrixcertmanager.com and follow the "Are you a new user that needs a login" link.
    Next on my list is the same certifications for 2008 server (1Y0-A05 exam). I hope do that next week, since there is a lot of overlap between the 2003 and 2008 CCA. I intend to prepare this one by reading the install and administrator guide from xenapp 5

Good luck with A05, a 90% on the 259 should see you through but I would spend some time learning the differences. As with every vendor, I am sure they are keen to talk about their new features. The first step that might help is this comparative matrix http://www.citrix.com/xenappcomparativematrix.

Let us know how you get on.
  • HAMA1HAMA1 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    did u use any practice questions?

• Stef6707Stef6707 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hamai,

did not use any test questions on this one. The format of the exam is pretty straight forward. Citrix exams are not like Microsoft exams where you get long questions. Nice and short questions is the citrix style. (at least that is my opinion)
  • ismail82ismail82 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    **edited by RussS**
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ismail82 - another post like that and you are history around here !!
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • bharathbhushan kbharathbhushan k Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi congrates for your exam. i would like to know which book u refered for this certification.