Options

640-802 or 640-816?

daJwaydaJway Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my ICND1 with an almost perfect score the other day. I plan on going for my CCNA in 13 more days.

My question is should I take the 640-802 because it will cover some of the same topics I just passed and bassically give me a better chance at passing. Or should I go ahead with the 640-816?

My teacher says to go for the 640-802.

They both have about the same amount of questions so im just trying to see what anyone else thinks about it.

I get a voucher and money is not really a problem and i'll pass the fourth part of cisco networking academy in May.
Jason

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'd guess they drop more of the "easy questions" from the 640-802 when compared to the other 2 exams.... but yeah -- the single exam probably is easier than the ICND2.

For people without vouchers (who also want the CCENT) the difference probably isn't worth the extra cost of taking the single exam.

Since you just passed the ICND1, that material should still be "fresh." For someone taking the 2 exams spread over a longer period of time, the advantage of being able to focus on a more specific set of topics for each of the 2 exams probably also balances out, making the ICND2 exam easier for them then having to go back and review trivia from the ICND1 exam for the single CCNA exam.

What are you using to go over the material for the ICND2 if you're not going to finish your CCNA4 until May?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    daJwaydaJway Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well I have been looking back through my CCNA exploration books from the cisco netacad and I have been just simply reading ahead. There is one topic that is going to be new to me between now and May and that is ACL. I know the 802 will not have the same easier questions (Easy as in easy to me such as RIP, basic switching, and etc that was on the ccent) but for some reason I feel that 802 might be a little easier.

The only reason I went for CCENT is to just get a feel for how a Cisco certification really is.
    Jason
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keep in mind that the 640-802 exam is $250 because it is the composite. The 640-816 ICND2 exam is $125. If you've passed the 640-822 ICND1 already, why not just for the 640-816 ICND2?