Options

most difficulties in ( icnd1 & icnd2 )

rashiidrashiid Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
at last after 4 long years i just finished my qualification i'm going to take my first online exams ( icnd1 & icnd2 ) within next 3 months so i wanna knew if i can finish preparing with in 3 months , and i wanna knew what's the most difficulties in ( icnd1 & icnd2 ) icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you have the drive, anything is possible. FYI, the average person spends 6 months to 1 year studying for CCNA. Often times, people have the most difficulty with subnetting, NAT, and ACL's. The primary reason is because not enough studying on those topics. They are usually overlooked or brushed off to the side. Very relatent, IMHO. Spend the time and get to know them, you'll use them in the real world anyways.
  • Options
    mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
    Very true...

I think people generally struggle with subnetting, ACLs and NAT because they require you to put the book down and do some practical labs. For some people this seems like too much hard work.
  • Options
    Miikey87Miikey87 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The hardest topics I found while studying the various aspects of the CCNA were:

- Subnetting ( It takes a while but the lightbulb will just come on one day)
    - WAN Links (FrameRelay and DLCI's were a bit of a reach around for me)
    - NAT and ACL's (Took a bit, these were unusually my weakest part of the ICND2, not to sure where I went wrong. I thought it was one of my strongest areas)

To solve a lot of problems, fundamentally understanding the Source/Destination Mac and IP addresses when information is being sent around on the network helps a lot for understanding how networks operate.

I completed ICND1 and ICND2 in 3 months, but I did a lot of it through uni over the last 4 years. It wasn't untill after I had graduated that I wanted to look further into the networking world, should have really sat these exams while studying the topics at uni and having hands on access to the equipment in the labs.

Good luck rashiid!
    :study: - Never stop learning

Completed
    Microsoft: 70-640,70-642, 70-646, 70-652, 70-653, 70-662, 70 - 681, 71-169
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
    Citrix - CCA XenApp 6