Options

A little guidance

jdarosajdarosa Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I received My Network+ about 18 months ago and now I'm ready to hit the books again to get my CCNA. I was looking into some books and online courses and etc.... I found a link for the Cisco CCNA training on Trainsignal 640-802 exam videos and practice exam. Has anyone here used this video? is it any good? thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

Joe

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, I liked them a lot, but many feel Chris gets a bit monotonous. I just crank the play speed up to 1.8x, and I'm good to go though. If you're looking for something more lively, you might want to check out the CBT Nuggets offering. They're both good overall, but I believe the consensus is that the TS videos go a bit more in-depth while the Nuggets are more entertaining.
  • Options
    blackngold4877blackngold4877 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Yea, I liked them a lot, but many feel Chris gets a bit monotonous. I just crank the play speed up to 1.8x, and I'm good to go though. If you're looking for something more lively, you might want to check out the CBT Nuggets offering. They're both good overall, but I believe the consensus is that the TS videos go a bit more in-depth while the Nuggets are more entertaining.

^^^This.

I liked to read Odom and Lammle's books and watch CBT Nuggets because the books go into plenty of detail and the CBT videos are much more entertaining than the TS videos, but you'll get good information from both.
  • Options
    GenericGeneric Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've seen CBTnuggets courses and was disappointed. I'm not looking to be entertained, I'm looking for the most detailed content that's going to help me pass the exam and help me actually use this stuff. I stumbled on Train Signal when I was looking for better training and it really was the best CBT training I've ever seen. Not only did I use them for my CCNA but I just got my CCNP training from TS also. If you want to pass your CCNA go with Train Signal.
  • Options
    nasunasu Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah concentrate on Train Signal is very well explained.
  • Options
    rterrasirterrasi Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I began using Chris Bryant's Trainsignal CCNA videos and I have really enjoyed them. While they may be a tad bit dryer than CBT, I do like TS for the fact that it does go a little more in depth. I will tell you, better to watch a 'dry' video that goes more in depth than to try to read a 'dry' book (Odem). With Train Signal, you also get the Transcender test exam.

Also look into Chris Bryant's Ultimate Study Guides. I am using this in conjuction with the TS videos, plus Transcender, and of course a little home lab consisting of 3 2500 series routers and 2 2950 switches for practice.