Options

Testing Tomorrow!

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
My new years goal was to obtain some certifications I have been putting off (way too long). I opted to get the Network+ out of the way first, since it is my passion.

I have study and created my own **** sheets the entire time, to the point my head hurts (literally). I am passing most of all the practice test in the range of 75-85, however there are not enough good quality practice test out there. I have also combed the exam objectives to create my study sheets or **** sheets.

I have used the Exam Cram 2 book as my primary studying tool and only wish I would have come across this site sooner! It has be very insightful reading the post and the practice test and focus areas seem to be right on target. Great job to the site admin! I will return to let you know if I have passed or failed.

Now back to studying some more, since I only have roughly 16 hours left before the exam, which 8 of them I will sleep and two of them I will spend with my family.
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

• Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Good luck!! The test is a bruiser but from what it sounds like, you know the material and should do well. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Best of luck on the exam. Let us know how you do.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck!!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Here goes nothing, I have no idea what to expect and I hope I got get all freaked out on the first difficult question!
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    Passed! 790....

Now what? I think I am going to take the CCENT next, I did the CCNA academy, back in 2000. Since I just finished the Network+, wouldn't it be a good time to **** the information again that is related to it, since it's still fresh???

My other option is get the A+ or Security+, which would fold into a MCITP???

Please feel free to reply with your opinions... Personally I want to be a Network Architect of sorts I guess, when I grow up ultimately (I'm in my 40's...lol). However I still need to pay the bills until then!

So what is your opinion(s).
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    rpfutrell wrote: »
    Passed! 790....

Now what? I think I am going to take the CCENT next, I did the CCNA academy, back in 2000. Since I just finished the Network+, wouldn't it be a good time to **** the information again that is related to it, since it's still fresh???

My other option is get the A+ or Security+, which would fold into a MCITP???

Please feel free to reply with your opinions... Personally I want to be a Network Architect of sorts I guess, when I grow up ultimately (I'm in my 40's...lol). However I still need to pay the bills until then!

So what is your opinion(s).

I'd definitely step right into the CCENT. The Net+ is a different exam but the material is base enough that it will help you with the CCENT. :)

Of course, I never earned the CCENT preferring to just take the 640-802 but either way is fine. :)

CONGRATULATIONS btw! :)
  • Options
    Thanks for you reply and I definitely think that is right way to go also. I am just seeking affirmation on my decisions. It sounds like you are confident of your opinion also, even with my score of only 790 icon_sad.gif

I was hoping to get into the 800's at least, ... oh well.
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    The passing score is still like 554 isn't it? 790 is a wonderful score!
  • Options
    Yes that is the passing score... and I have already started looking through my old Cisco books, all 5 of them. I just looked over the CCENT objectives and, at first glance, I feel like I should take the test tomorrow!

At this point, I will carry on post in that forum. See you there?
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    See you on the Flip Side. :)
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Congradulations!

You scored better than me, I scored about 750. I also studied religiously for it. Don't kick yourself on the 790 it's an impressive score.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    brandon1109brandon1109 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the best step after the Net+ is the CCENT. It is pretty much the same material just the next step......like rip

I took the Net+ summer of last year and CCENT last month....and the whoel time studying for CCENT I was like man i shoulda took this right after the net +. It woulda been a lot easier.

Congrats and Good luck....