Options

Testout Software

johnhumphreyjohnhumphrey Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone used the testout software? I just purchased it for the Network+ exam. If anyone else out there has used it let me know. How did you study using it. Did you do a chapter a day or any ideas would be great. I don't really care for the exam questions at the end of each chapter. It seems like there would be more then what they have.

Comments

• Options
    rumibabarumibaba Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well it depends what u prefer and what works for u. I have test out but i'm also studying mike meyers Passport and Exam cram..i like the Testout multiple choice questions. I read the review of test out in so many places..it's pretty good...
    Network+, A+
    Near future: MCSA
    Working on: 70-270
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I'm using TestOut for my MS studies, and I have to say that I really like it. The combo of small & easily digestible videos, tutorials, labs, & notes is great. I would however recommend supplementing studies with another source/book to round out your studies & get info that might not be covered adequately.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    bsm2bsm2 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Super software, passed my Network+
    great videos and the sim labs really help you if you have never seen some of the equipment out there, plus the real life sims on the windows Os xp and server are fantastic.

Good luck stick with it testout coarse is long but very ,very good
  • Options
    dsjellesmadsjellesma Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently using the Test Out software to help me prepare for my Network+ Exam. I have also used every free practice question and flash card that I can find. I feel pretty confident for the exam but I still feel nervous that I don't know the cable length of EVERY 1000Base/GBase network, and I don't have EVERY port memorized (just the important ones; 20,21,23,25,53,80,110,123,443)...we'll see. Few more days and I'll take the exam so I'll let you know how TestOut worked.
  • Options
    Good luck! I will be taking my in about 4 or 5 weeks. Learning all the cable lengths is a pain. Does anyone know how many questions on the test peratin to the cabling?
  • Options
    Good luck! I will be taking my in about 4 or 5 weeks. Learning all the cable lengths is a pain. Does anyone know how many questions on the test peratin to the cabling?
    some people have none or one question, some people have oodles. Every test is different, so unfortunately there's no solid answer to your question. If I had done a better job at memorizing cable lengths/speeds, then I certainly would have gotten a better score, but I passed just fine without being able to rattle off all the technical info for obscure cables. Just do your best to cover the overall materials as well as you can, and that way a couple obscure questions or questions on one or two topics you don't know backwards & forwards won't kill you.

Good luck!

• Options
    MeastMeast Banned Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use Testout on all my certs and pass on the first attempt, I usually do a module a day, and go over the cd twice in case I've missed something.
  • Options
    Thats for all your great feedback. I know they have a deal now you can buy all there software for 700 dollars. Sounds like an excellent deal if you can afford it in these hard times.
  • Options
    kyawhtinwinkyawhtinwin Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    please tell me about the MCSA
  • Options
    please tell me about the MCSA
    you may want to start by checking out the MCSA/MCSE section of the forums. If you can't find the info you're looking for, then you will have better luck asking a more targeted question in that section rather than the CompTIA section of the forums.