Options

Sharepoint

Hey

I don't see much about on sharepoint, but with MS depreciating public folders in Exchange 2007 and recommending sharepoint server 2007 as a replacement I though it may be an idea to look into the administration certification.

Sods law I've just been told that I have to do our migration from 2.0 on a server that's getting decommisioned to 3.0 on a new server.

Does anyone know of some good books, videos or links on sharepoint?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The Train Signal Sharepoint set was good for WSS 3.0 as well. 3/4 of the videos are applicable to WSS, and then the last ones are dedicated to MOSS 2007.

I've started a few books on Safari, but haven't had the time to get into them.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you look at the SP document, it was very clear that SP able to collaborate with multiple functions. It is best use for company intranet portal.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Amazon.com: Microsoft SharePoint 2007 Unleashed: Michael Noel, Colin Spence: Books

This is the one I was using when we started using MOSS 2007. It is pretty good, but I don't know how much it would help with the certification. Then again, I haven't really looked into that yet ;)
  • Options
    tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    While certification would be nice, this is turning into a bit of a nightmare. I've spent the better part of a day looking at website and guides and It's still not making much sense. If anyone has any input it woud be greatly appreciated.

So far I have:

1. Installed WSS 2.0, SQL 2005 and IIS on the new server. Most sites are saying it's best to migrate to the same software version and then upgrade. I'm using SQL server 2005 because the new site I've been given is running a couple of other databases.

2. I've kicked off smigrate on the old site to give me a restore file and I've backed up and restored the sharepoint database to the SQL 2005 install.

3. Now It seems that I need to create a blank template to restore the backup file to but I can't find a way to create a template in WSS 2.0. Do i need to install portal server to be able to use this backup? If so I do have portal server 2003 here but I don't know if it'll allow me to then upgrade to sharepoint services 3.0, which was my original goal.

Sharepoint is a bit of a nuisance :)
  • Options
    tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    Okay,

Finally got this working and I'm now upgrading to sharepoint services 3.0.

Does anyone know of a good sharepoint server. I've got a feeling I'll need to know more about it but I can't find any particularly well visited forums.

Cheers