ShoreTel phones...

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
Does anyone know for sure that they AREN'T affiliated with Nortel?

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I'm assuming its a total fluke that it just happens to have a very Nortel sounding name...
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    I'm assuming its a total fluke that it just happens to have a very Nortel sounding name...

Claymoore linked the history... I'm assuming they just took Shoreline Teleworks = ShoreTel.

Unfortunately it DOES sound a lot like Nortel. icon_lol.gif
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I work for a Shoretel partner. They are NOT Nortel. They are also honestly pretty darn good VoIP phones! PM me if you need a partner to install it for you, my employer is quite good at Shoretel.
    Good luck to all!
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    I work for a Shoretel partner. They are NOT Nortel. They are also honestly pretty darn good VoIP phones! PM me if you need a partner to install it for you, my employer is quite good at Shoretel.

I PMed you :)
  • elutzelutz Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We're a Shoretel Partner in MA if you need further assistance/info PM me. Being in telecom for over 25 years, I'd say it's a decent solution depending on your needs.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We use them, they are definitely NOT Nortel.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...