Options

iNet+ or Network+

redbull2689redbull2689 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which cert is better..iNet+ or Network+
I know a lot of internet skills (iNet) and I know some advanced Networking skills too. Which cert should I do? I plan on doing both but can't decide which one do to first?
Custom Builder
Computer Reseller
Texas Light and Sound

Comments

• Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    I would do net+, i-net+ is a very easy exam and is not called for very much unless you want to be web designer. If you already have your A+, then passing net+ will cover your electives for the MCSA, or give you a better understanding of networking for the CCNA. I did the i-net+ because my work would pay for it, then gave CIW $95 for the rollover to get their CIW-a cert.
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • Options
    BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lseals,
    I am not sure if you saw my post on the i-net+, but I am weighing myself on if I should take it or not. I have a programming and database background, it wasn't until last year that I got into networking. I took the practice test on this site cold (not knowing what the test was) and I got a 70%. Then I downloaded the Boson practice test and banged that out (the trial). Do you think this is something I could take (with a little brushing up) while studying for my 70-270? Also, would you mind explaining to me the CIW-a and how that works?

Greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    HÆLLRÆZORHÆLLRÆZOR Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I decided to take both the i-net+ and network+ one after the other. I am taking i-net first on Friday and Net+ on monday. I think they are both worth it. In fact I think any and all certifications are worth it. Anything that you can add to your resume that is industry standard may equal more money and also job security. You never know when that extra cert you have keeps you from getting laid off or edges you over another guy in obtaining a job. Just some things to think about.
  • Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Bullet, once you pass the i-net+ you then can take that certification and do a rollover with CIW(Certified Internet Webmasters-Prosoft), you pay them $95 and they grant you the CIW-a (associate) level certification. I believe this will end at the end of this year as CIW is upgrading their cert program.

HTH
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?