70-291 Transcender

tatietatie Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been using the transcenders for the studying of this exam and all my previous exams to date but the ones my company have appear to be a little out of date, i.e. SUS instead of WSUS 3.0.

Does anyone know if there's updates available to these as it might be worth us re-investing if this was the case.

Thanks

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did you buy them from Transcender? You can download the most current one they have. I think they might be a tad out of date anyway. I don't even know if the exam covers WSUS 3.
  • Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    I've been studying for the 291 for about 3 months now. I bought the 291 Transcender about 2 weeks ago. Are the Transcenders supposed to be the same difficultly or harder than the real thing? If they are the same difficultly, then I am in trouble, because I suck at the Transcender right now icon_lol.gif
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
    Big Jizay wrote: »
    I've been studying for the 291 for about 3 months now. I bought the 291 Transcender about 2 weeks ago. Are the Transcenders supposed to be the same difficultly or harder than the real thing? If they are the same difficultly, then I am in trouble, because I suck at the Transcender right now icon_lol.gif

Just curious: How many hours a day have you been studying?
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Nope that's correct. The MCSE and MCSA exams all refer to SUS rather than WSUS. If you're familiar with WSUS in a working environment it can take a while to unlearn it for the SUS questions.
    aquageek wrote: »
    Just curious: How many hours a day have you been studying?

I study about a hour and a half or 2 hours a day. It's the DNS questions that give me trouble for some reason.

• Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Big Jizay wrote: »
    Are the Transcenders supposed to be the same difficultly or harder than the real thing? If they are the same difficultly, then I am in trouble, because I suck at the Transcender right now icon_lol.gif

I can't speak for the 70-291, but for 70-290 they were a lot harder. I scored very low on the Transcenders but managed to pass with an 820 on the actual exam.
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    Nope that's correct. The MCSE and MCSA exams all refer to SUS rather than WSUS. If you're familiar with WSUS in a working environment it can take a while to unlearn it for the SUS questions.

Without breaking any NDA's I took the 291 recently and it covered things other than SUS. I think though from my experience the concept is more important that the actual product, I.e making sure gpos are right etc.
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
    I can't speak for the 70-291, but for 70-290 they were a lot harder. I scored very low on the Transcenders but managed to pass with an 820 on the actual exam.

Well this gives me some encouragement. I hope to take the test in about a week.

• DaggedDagged Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□

Hi i was thinking same way till yesterday when i got question about WSUS on may 290 exam!