Options

Is there any Web/Computer based training software?

PeeceKeeperPeeceKeeper Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I wanted to know if there was any web/computer based training software.

I have TestOut A+ Essentials and IT Technician. I have completed both! I dont know if that is somthing you recommend but I thought it was great! It had videos, simulations, domain exams, and alot of info.

Anyways, is there anything else I should get? I NEED to pass the first try.

Any recommendations, tips, or comments?

Thanks in advance!
-Peecekeeper

Comments

• Options
    MikeInMoseleyMikeInMoseley Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I wanted to know if there was any web/computer based training software.

I have TestOut A+ Essentials and IT Technician. I have completed both! I dont know if that is somthing you recommend but I thought it was great! It had videos, simulations, domain exams, and alot of info.

Anyways, is there anything else I should get? I NEED to pass the first try.

Any recommendations, tips, or comments?

Thanks in advance!
    -Peecekeeper

AS mentioned above, I'd recommend www.CBTNuggets.com They have great material.

I also personally recommend www.TrainSignal.com . These are made in a way to help understand the entire topic, not merely 'get' by.

Both CBTNuggets and Trainsignal I think are entirely worth the price.

And on a separate note:

You may want to drop the attitude of "I NEED TO PASS ON THE FIRST TRY". This isn't your first post you have been so demanding to the members here and it is NOT your first time of thumbing your nose at honest study and preparation for these certifications.

Perhaps you need to look at a different career path?? It really doesn't sound like you can handle the workload of IT, and these CompTIA exams will be the easiest exams you will come across.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    @ Plantwiz,

I'm not 'demanding' anything of you all. I capped the word need to express how badly I need to pass the first try. Not because I'm scarred of failure but because my mom can't afford it.

I live in the hood, yes I'm ghetto trash. Do I dress like it? Yes. Do I like it? No. But it keeps my butt from being jumped every other day.

I've wanted to work on anything related to computers and networks since I was 12. So don't you dare tell me I shouldn't work in the IT field.

You would be surprised at how much I know, all self taught too. I might be able to get an entry level or even associate level Cisco Cert without studying.

Thank you for the help, but if your critisism isn't constructive, I don't want it.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Hi PeeceKeeper - have you looked into the CompTIA Creating Futures program? It offers free training for veterans & "youth-at-risk", and if you qualify you can get free training & maybe free testing & maybe more. It's worth looking into.

If you've gone through the TestOut materials and a book or two, then you've probably got enough study materials to adequately cover the exam topics. I'd recommend running through TestOut again, making some notes and/or index cards, and then schedule your exam when you find you don't need to refer to the notes or index cards anymore.

Good luck!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    @ Skrpune,

WoW! I didn't know they had that. That seems like a good idea!

I'll look it over with my mom when I get home from school!

The index card idea is a good idea, printers frustrate me, so I'll probably need to go over those a million times! LOL.

Thanks again! I'll see how it goes!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    skrpune wrote: »
    Hi PeeceKeeper - have you looked into the CompTIA Creating Futures program? It offers free training for veterans & "youth-at-risk", and if you qualify you can get free training & maybe free testing & maybe more. It's worth looking into.

Good luck!

To PeaceKeeper:

EXACTLY.

There are people on this site who can help you out. The first step is not whinning about and get to the crux of what you need, and not sound like the standard **** that visits these sites.

Remember, YOU stated in your first post that you used CHEATS, that sets a very bad tone for anything further you will post.

Regardless of where you live, YOU can be successful.

Check with your school too. IF they have more issues with crowd control and just getting kids to show up, but not the resources to help you get going, BEG them again, but then ask for a referal to another HS that may have staff who can assist you.

Local colleges too. ASK if they can make a call, do they know someone in a different district who may have tools to get you placed properly.

Your library or a nearby library or MAYBE a library 50 miles away has resources or staff who can assist you with forms or contacts etc..

And, I really don't care how you dress, you need to do what you need to do to survive.....I GET THAT. My cousin was in a gang because it was easier then getting the crap beat out of him every day. He's almost 30 now, but he had to do what he needed, and the rest of the family was too far geographically to help. He wanted to stay with his mom and protect her...and she could afford the area, so she stayed.

Your local school may be struggleing just to keep everyone safe, and when someone asks about scholastic advancement...they may be rusty (and maybe shocked), but if you are sincere....they'll likely help. OR if they cannot, they must have peer contacts who they can put you incontact with. Ask.

(NOTE: And trash is garbage, items that are consumed and no longer have a function. People are not trash. And you may live in the 'hood', but that does not mean you have no future. Only YOU can decide what you will do with your life).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    RiskblingRiskbling Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @ Plantwiz,

I'm not 'demanding' anything of you all. I capped the word need to express how badly I need to pass the first try. Not because I'm scarred of failure but because my mom can't afford it.

I live in the hood, yes I'm ghetto trash. Do I dress like it? Yes. Do I like it? No. But it keeps my butt from being jumped every other day.

I've wanted to work on anything related to computers and networks since I was 12. So don't you dare tell me I shouldn't work in the IT field.

You would be surprised at how much I know, all self taught too. I might be able to get an entry level or even associate level Cisco Cert without studying.

Thank you for the help, but if your critisism isn't constructive, I don't want it.

Now your just full of BS icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Rest assured that everyone here approaches these exams with the idea of passing them on the first try. No one likes to fail and certainly people don't like spending additional $ to re-take an exam. Whether you can or can't afford it it still hurts to spend additonal funds for the same purpose.

Ya know, the "Can't afford it" attitude is gonna hold you back in life. Word it differently like "If I were to fail on the first try, how would I afford to take it again?" Get your mind working on finding a solution to that problem instead of shutting down your thought process with an absolute 'can't' statement.

If you're struggling to pay the $160 CompTIA exam fees for A+ then paying the $399 for CBTNugget videos will be difficult. I would suggest looking into some sort of local city or State grant program to help you pay for those videos. Or perhaps you can get together with your schools IT employees and ask them if they have some of their old study materials that you can borrow? Just remember that when you ask people for help irl, you will be far more successful in receiving that help if you offer them a service in return, i.e. take them out to lunch to pick their brain and discuss the IT Career. Offer to volunteer in the IT dept. once you've gained the certification that they helped you get. If you can find a mentor you will be leaps and bounds ahead in the game.

Good luck to you and I hope to see you on the forum for many months/years to come. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    Just a quick thank you to everyone! ^^