Options

Another redistribution question

EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
When you're doing a complex redistribution question in the lab,do you design the network to have a single redundant path to take into account a single failure point or do you design multiple redundant paths in case of multple failures?
Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can't speak for the CCIE lab, but in my study sessions I first do a single point of redistribution just to make sure I'm getting commands correctly etc, and then I introduce some real complexity. I always have AT LEAST 2 physical paths available for true redundancy to make sure I can see just how complex some implementations can be. This worked very well for me for the BSCI. After taking that exam it was evident that there really wasn't anything on that exam that I wasn't prepared to handle.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can't speak for the CCIE lab, but in my study sessions I first do a single point of redistribution just to make sure I'm getting commands correctly etc, and then I introduce some real complexity. I always have AT LEAST 2 physical paths available for true redundancy to make sure I can see just how complex some implementations can be. This worked very well for me for the BSCI. After taking that exam it was evident that there really wasn't anything on that exam that I wasn't prepared to handle.

I've just realised how useful group study is, anyway if its not specified it better to config full multipath redundancy.I prefer to configure the lot in one go, i check the stub domains as i go,for the transit i do a blanket config.Next i check the rib and adjust AD if required,run tcl ping script, failover some links check ribs and run tcl scripts.
    I've run through the internetworkexpert blog and found it very useful, now moved on to bgp.
    I'm trying to get all the core topics out of the way so i can hit the core workbook.
    Laters..
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$