Options

Bizzare outlook issue

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

A user has this problem with outlook calender

User opens outlook and clicks on calender, all calendars shown are OK showing all appiontments, plus this is in 7 to 7 view, so only the working hours are shown

User then clicks into mail, then back into calender, all entries for calenders are gone, only way to view them again is to restart outlook

If once you have restarted outlook to see the appointments again if you enter a new appointment it shows OK, once you click from mail back into calender all the appointments have gone plus the new one you created has changed itself to the time it was when the appointment was created

Hope this makes sense, if anyone has any questions please ask

Anyone ever seen this, please help!!

Thanks

Lee H

Comments

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    whats the OS and Outlook version, Is it standalone or synched with an exchange server?
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would just do the usual repair and/or reinstall. Sometimes unique issues like this aren't worth the hassle of trouble shooting. Then again, I lean towards the "lazy" side so.... :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    sprkymrk wrote: »
    I would just do the usual repair and/or reinstall. Sometimes unique issues like this aren't worth the hassle of trouble shooting. Then again, I lean towards the "lazy" side so.... :)

I'd go with the repair. Try the detect & repair in the Microsoft Office Tools icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    The user informed me that a member of IT was looking at it for 2 days, dont know what the hell he was doing for 2 days mind but the user did say that Outlook had been re-installed

The user has to keep restarting Outlook in order to see the apointments so she can still do her job

I cant interfere with it because I am on a project and cannot resolve issues that have been passed to the service desk, just thought I would ask here incase I see this again

Thanks for your help

Lee H
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well the only other ideas I can think of are to:

1. Delete any .ost files (offline file) in the user profile.
    2. Delete the user profile.
    3. Uninstall/reinstall after doing one of the above.

I can't think of anything on the Exchange server that would cause this.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    luckybobluckybob Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If it is possible, have the user log onto a different system and access his/her e-mail/calendar. If it works fine, then you know it is not a server issue, but a PC issue. If it does not work, there might be an issue with the users mailbox. This would require troubleshooting Exchange server.

If it works on another PC, you can check the Outlook install. Uninstall/Reinstall/Repair, whatever you like best. Check the profile of the user to make sure there are no issues in the application data.
  • Options
    d4nmfd4nmf Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You could try starting outlook from run with the outlook /cleanviews

But i'd definatly be doing a detect and repair or a re-install. Maybe worth checking when you uninstall the directory is renamed in c:\program files\install folder to .old - i have done this before with strange software issues.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Try it from OWA. Try disabling cached mode.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...