Options

Need Help to pass 70-640

marctrewick@hotmail.commarctrewick@hotmail.com Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I read a MOAC Book by "Wiley" and I did not pass the 70-640.
I purchased the transcenders and I was scoring 90's and 100% score on the pretests. I took the exam again but I only scored a 646. Please tell me what I should be studing to pass thr 70-640. Need Help in Washington,DC.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did you get up to 90-100% simply through memorization, or can you state why each option is or isn't correct for each question? Transcender is useful for identifying the gaps in your knowledge, but it's not going to teach you the material. If you find something you're weak on, hit up Technet or google and research it a bit.

Sorry to hear about the fail, but welcome to the forums :D
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. Do you recommend reading anything in particular to help me prepare for the exam. I understand the concepts but I don't believe I am studying the right material. Marc.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The MOAC is the courseware, right? That's supposed to be supplemental material to the course, so it might have some gaps. Check out the MS Press or Sybex books. I haven't used either personally, so you'll have to check out the reviews at Amazon.
  • Options
    I will read the MS Press and take again. Thanks.
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    I can recommend the MS Press book. I took it to boost my knowledge for the upgrade exam. It's well written and has some nice bits for real life work as well just the exam stuff.
  • Options
    saad3000saad3000 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'am also preparing for the 640 exam, I'am reading and understanding the following books:

1) MCTS Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration (Study Guide) Wiley Publishing.

2) MCTS Self Paced Training Kit Exam 70-640 Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory.

Any more recommendations?

Regards,

Saad

Regards
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    The MSTK has lab exercises and practice questions to help you prepare for the exam, but if you really want to learn Active Directory I recommend the Resource Kit. I read the last 4 chapters when preparing for the 649 upgrade exam and now I am working on reading the rest of it.
    Amazon.com: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Resource Kit: Stan Riemer, Conan Kezema, Mike Mulcare, Byron Wright: Books
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    on your results sheet, what were your weakest areas? maybe we could help you on something in those areas?
  • Options
    bliznakobliznako Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd also recommend MS Press book for 70-640, especially the chapters on AD CS/FS/RMS... I used it and I didn't find any big gaps when taking the exam few months ago.
    Also, what Claymoore said, the book he recommended is quite good and it will come handy in the future as well.

Good luck on your next try!
  • Options
    My weak areas were : DNS, Certificate Services, Active Directory Server Roles, Infrastructure, and Active Directory Environment. My strongest area was only Active Directory Objects.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    Where can I find the MSTK?
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    MSTK = Microsoft Training Kit. They are the normal MS Press Study Guides.
  • Options
    saad3000saad3000 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wondering whats the average grade to pass this test?
  • Options
    AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    I dont know if this was stated but my 2 cents are... To go through real practice, break and fix. You can setup a virtual machine with everything you need for testing and that should help you more than getting another book.
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%