Options

Resume Question

PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
I have a quick question on an addition to my resume. I am a licensed ham operator (amateur radio). Should I put that on my resume under the certifications list? It does take some technical knowledge to be a ham, and I'd like to convey that to employers. I'm not just someone looking for a paycheck, I'm actually interested in technology and the work.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd only list things that are relevant to the position you are applying for.
  • Options
    rwwest7rwwest7 Member Posts: 300
    dynamik wrote: »
    I'd only list things that are relevant to the position you are applying for.
    If it's a resume you're using to apply for a certain. But if it's a public resume kept on Monster.com or something, then I don't see how having it on there would hurt.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    I might list it under outside interests\hobbies (thats a seperate thread on if interests\hobbies should be on your resume)
    If not on yours I wouldnt list it unless I felt it was relevant to the postition.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)