Options

Scheduled to fight the Beast tomorrow!!

Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
I finally built up the courage to schedule the exam! I would've scheduled it sooner, but I was intimidated by this test. I believe in studying everything, but my main focus has been DNS, DHCP, RRAS, IPSEC, and general networking. If anyone knows about any good cram notes to study with or advice about the exam is appreciated icon_smile.gif
The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293

Comments

• Options
    aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
    I advise you to pass it. icon_thumright.gif

Seriously, take deep breaths and do your best.

Good Luck!
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Options
    bikeandskibikeandski Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck to you! I have the 70-290 exam booked Saturday, I'm hoping I can pull it off!
  • Options
    ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    I passed it today on my second shot; 6 days after I failed it. My advice at this point is a good nights sleep and go in there with a clear, relaxed head. Be prepared to analyze the problems. I did this and I was able to solve some that didn't make sense at first.

Keep in mind, this is a "management" course.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for encouragement guys! I've been literally studying all day for this. I hope I get it on the first try. If not, I always have the second shot that I can use icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck mate, take your time and read the questions thoroughly. You will be right!

Let us know how you go
  • Options
    My exam starts in 2 hours. I'm feeling much more confident than before. I believe that I'll be MCSA in few hours!

• Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Big Jizay wrote: »
    My exam starts in 2 hours. I'm feeling much more confident than before. I believe that I'll be MCSA in few hours!

Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm actually nervous for the big guy!
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Options
    Just got back from taking the 291. I just barely slipped by with a 700!! My test was 75% 70-291, and 25% 70-290 icon_lol.gif. There were some topics on the exam that were not in the 291 MS Press book.

Thanks to everybody that gave me encouragement. I don't know if I could've got my MCSA without TechExams. Thanks to Dynamik with helping me with Stub Zones and Conditional Forwarders.

I am wondering what I should do now. Should I move on to 293 or should I go after the Linux+ ? Linux is used alot in my job, so I feel that it'd help me. At the same time, I've heard that the 291 and 293 have a lot of overlap.

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Welcome to the 700 club icon_cheers.gif

There is a lot of overlap with 291 and 293. You can never go wrong with studying what you use at work though. Your choice, good luck!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Congratulations. Personally I'd go for 293, 291 does slot neatly into the learning curve for 293 and it might fill in a few of the blanks. Just out of interest what's making you plump for Linux+ over any of the other Linux certs?
  • Options
    DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great stuff Jizay! Well done
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Hurrah! Well done Mr. MCSA. :) I plan on taking/passing mine by the end of this month. Good luck in your future studies!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Elaverick, to be honest, I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to Linux. That goes for the operating systems and the cert exams. I don't know what's the best exam to take as far as Linux goes. Any suggestions?

• Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Good job. You can finally put that on your resume now. Congratulations!
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    Congrats. 700 is more than enough to get that big weight off your back.
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
  • Options
    Good work dude!!

The wicked beast is dead!
  • Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks everybody! I see a few people on this post that are close to taking the 291 also. Good luck to you all!

• Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Big Jazay!

I have my exam booked for the 25th this month. How did you find the exam notes that i posted? were they any good?icon_study.gif
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    wedge1988 wrote: »
    Congrats Big Jazay!

I have my exam booked for the 25th this month. How did you find the exam notes that i posted? were they any good?icon_study.gif

Your notes were great! I used them to study the night before the exam. I especially liked how your notes had a lot of the stats and commands that you have to memorize for the test. Actually, I hope you'll make notes for the 70-293 one day icon_smile.gif

Thanks!!

• Options
    Big Jizay wrote: »
    Thanks everybody! I see a few people on this post that are close to taking the 291 also. Good luck to you all!

Thanks, I have a feeling I'm going to need it. There's a **** load of information to learn!
  • Options
    Aquageek, it is a LOT of information to learn for this exam, no doubt about it. The only way to pass this test is to study hard. The test is beatable. As long as you know when and how to implement something, and memorize the main commands (example: netdiag, netsh, dnscmd, etc), you should be fine. Confidence counts for a lot also.

• Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm glad to hear that they were of use! Of course, ill do the 293 notes when i have passed the 291 exam :)

There is only a few differences between 291 and 293 anyway, so it wont take me long to adjust it and add the extra info.

The 294 on the otherhand is way different and will take me a while probably.

I will do one last revision before i do the 293 exam though, and request the site admin to add it to the website :)

cheers.
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    wedge1988 wrote: »
    I'm glad to hear that they were of use! Of course, ill do the 293 notes when i have passed the 291 exam :)

There is only a few differences between 291 and 293 anyway, so it wont take me long to adjust it and add the extra info.

The 294 on the otherhand is way different and will take me a while probably.

I will do one last revision before i do the 293 exam though, and request the site admin to add it to the website :)

cheers.

I'm sorry but I don't see 70-291 technotes, where are they located?
  • Options
    genXrcist wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I don't see 70-291 technotes, where are they located?

Wedge and I were talking about these notes:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/70-291-windows-2003-network-infrastructure/39903-what-do-you-think.html

The notes are pretty good. Wedge made a second draft of it, but it doesn't seem to be working on RapidShare. The first draft is still pretty good though.

• Options
    Whoa, awesome! Nice job on the notes Wedge! Man, if I wasn't so lazy I'd make one of these myself for every exam as just the process alone of making it would help me retain a lot more than I do. Thanks for the reference link BigJ!
  • Options
    Thanks for the notes Wedge, and the pointer BJ. Hah.

I'm in the process of going through the book for the second time and making notes. Next I'll go through it again and make a study guide.

Gen, when do you think you'll sit the exam?
  • Options
    I've got mine scheduled for March 31st. :) I'm still reading through my Sybex books (on RRAS now) and then when I'm done I'll finish with the CBT Nugget videos.

Then I'm going to go over and re-hash DNS/DHCP/RRAS. I have a CCNA so I'm comfortable with Subnetting, protocols, port #'s, etc but I'll also probably run through all the DOS commands I'll need too.

How about you?