Options

Thank you

ger the manger the man Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Just a quick note to say thanks for all replies to my previous posts. I'm sitting the exam at 9am tomorrow morning and cannot do anymore reading or exam prep questions (a good sign I hope!)

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    good luck...
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    Good Luck!

Do what I do because it helps to ease the tension. I pinch both my nipples and scream "I'm teh MAN!" right before the test starts. I saw someone do this right before they fought in a UFC match.
  • Options
    ElvisG wrote: »
    Good Luck!

Do what I do because it helps to ease the tension. I pinch both my nipples and scream "I'm teh MAN!" right before the test starts. I saw someone do this right before they fought in a UFC match.

Lol - thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    Well, I failed and am very pi**ed off! About 75% of the questions might aswell have been in ancient Greek! Most of the stuff in the sybex book never came up even though it claims to cover the exam objectives? My final score was 705.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well, I failed and am very pi**ed off! About 75% of the questions might aswell have been in ancient Greek! Most of the stuff in the sybex book never came up even though it claims to cover the exam objectives? My final score was 705.

Sorry to hear about that. It looks like you banked on this core textbook covering the bases. I had a poor experience with a sybex book back in 1999 that was supposed to cover 3 of the exams required to CNE. While the information was factually correct it really didn't prepare me for the CNA at all. I found multiple books necessary to be prepared for the tests. I used the Clarke book for CNE, a big one and a tough read because of layout and poor writing style. But again, even though I spent a lot of time reading it, it was poor preparation for the exams. An exam cram book helped and self test software as well as books from Novell press.

The best approach for Novell tests was to buy the self study kit direct from Novell. They were pricey and I never used them but they were a guaranteed pass as opposed to cheaper alternatives by Sybex or Clarke which were very hit and miss. I realise this is a Comptia exam as opposed to Novell but perhaps there are alternative books that will help, maybe course material direct from Comptia themselves?
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    I realise this is a Comptia exam as opposed to Novell but perhaps there are alternative books that will help, maybe course material direct from Comptia themselves?

Cheers Turgon,
    Yeah Im going to invest in some material directly from them and go for it again.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Sorry to hear that man !

try to get practice questions, I heard people recommending Trascender, so you can test and see where's your weakness.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    For CompTIA exams you definitely want to use 2-3 sources when studying. Even after doing that on the Security+ I felt like I hadn't seen 10% previously....
  • Options
    To honest I dont fancy handing over another 350 euro for an exam if there is a chance that most of the questions will be alien to me again. Its a bit demoralising when you read an approved book about 10 times, memorize about 20 ports etc and most of the material doesnt come up?