windows wireless network connection issue

waltdeewaltdee Member Posts: 122
Hi Guys,

im trying to fix a wireless issue, the wireless driver for my t60 is installed, and the wirelless icon shows up in the lower right hand corner, but doesnt detect any signal, the radio is on, and i made sure the correct driver is installed, but every time i tried to reinstall it, or repair the connection, the number increases of wireless network connections, for example is now up to wireless network connection 7. I uninstalled the driver, and it still increases. I made sure all the services are running, all the settings are correct. My main question is how to reset all the connections to 0, so it doesnt show the number.

Thank you,
when one is the, the one will be the being of willing to be the one.

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Right click on it and select "rename"? You might have to disable it first or the rename option will be grayed out.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Doesn't it just increment the number each time you do this? They don't all show up in an ipconfig or anything, do they?
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The other 6 might hidden as disabled devices in device manager
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    waltdee wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

im trying to fix a wireless issue, the wireless driver for my t60 is installed, and the wirelless icon shows up in the lower right hand corner, but doesnt detect any signal, the radio is on, and i made sure the correct driver is installed, but every time i tried to reinstall it, or repair the connection, the number increases of wireless network connections, for example is now up to wireless network connection 7. I uninstalled the driver, and it still increases. I made sure all the services are running, all the settings are correct. My main question is how to reset all the connections to 0, so it doesnt show the number.

Thank you,

waltdee,

Which operating system are you using?